1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolimits - Phillip Island Track Day - 7-9th Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Its sunny, but very windy and apparently tyre pressures need to be +5 front and rear because of the abrasion.

2. That's a lot. Like 25% increase on a KR108 rear. I'd proceed with caution on that advice. Maybe work on a % increase rather than a blanket 5psi. I'm assuming you meant psi?

One thing I'm a bit precious about on track days is tyre pressure. I consider it critical.

3. pom.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I am beginning to smell like a POM, especially after a day on track in the PJs...

5. It is critical and the advice comes as a bit of a shock, but after today it was clearly correct. Pirelli Diablo SC1 & 2 front 36 and rear 31. Tyre wear is even and smooth. The bloke next to me ignored it and was horrified to see his brand new tyres in shreds. Then he fell off at MG as the front gave up.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Why would anyone ignore expert local knowledge? It’s not like he is at Mallory

7. Becaue not all advice is equal :D

8. I ran my V02’s at the same pressure as hot EU days, F33-R24, as were most of the other guys on Bridgestones Phillip Island. The front lasted all 3 days and I only changed the rear on the last day for peace of mind - there’s still plenty of meat on the tyre.

9. Well, here is the day one video
    It took two more days to get down to 1:49.
    First set of tyres lasted 2 days.
    Amazing event, Suzuka in 2020 I hear...

• Like Like x 1
  10. 140119_12486_phillip_island.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lukey Heights, awesome going up and down. 140119_12458_phillip_island.jpg 140119_12418_phillip_island.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. Clare said they’re just nailing down the terms and one international is going to be a yearly event. Unfortunately they may not be going back to PI for a while.

13. Isn't it Philippines next year? Sure that's what they said on FB

14. Sepang next year, already on the website I think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sepang in
    Sepang in Jan 2020 and potentially Suzuka the year after.

16. Sounds a fantastic adventure, riding these world renowned circuits, having a laugh, good weather, travel, culture, awsome

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information