1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolimits - Phillip Island Track Day - 7-9th Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Ditto.

Probably going to go out late Dec and stay with the Mrs rellies in Sydney, take in NYE in the harbour, then drive along the coast to Melbourne.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I imagine you need to send a decent spares package with the bike

3. They’ve got a Ducati dealer or two in Aus :)

4. Thinking I'll head out NYE, come back around 15th

5. Yes probably every 3,000 miles there will be one, so snap a lever on day 1 you might just get back on track for the last hour on day 3 :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. As a side, what spares package would you take? All levers, gear change, rear brake, foot pegs/rearsets throttle, at least I'd have thought, maybe front brake reservoir, spare screen, super glue, gaffer tape etc

7. I'd take something more reliable. Honda maybe.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. You can fly non stop on quantas now, 16 /17 hrs?

9. Not many places left!

10. I know it’ll be summer out there but what if it rains?? A lot.. (I don’t do wets btw)
    I’d be inclined to suck it and see then hire a bike as and when..

11. Pretty much what you’ve said. I take spare levers, clip ons and tubes, footpegs and levers, switches, brake pads, plus a few standard bolt sizes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LOL. Philip Island is in Melbourne not Coober Pedy. It’s no different to doing a UK or Euro track day.

13. Ok, but if I did a lever at brands I'm pretty sure I'd lose a fair bit of track time popping to somewhere in London area compared to having a few spares.......anyway I ain't going so not affecting me, maybe was just trying to point something out :upyeah:

14. Or your spare clutch :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. be awsome that Philip island looks amazing

16. It’s a 3 to 4 hour flight from Sydney to Melbourne so it’s not a small drive.

Realistically if you’ve never been to Ozz the jet lag will properly mess you up, factor 3 days to sync with Ozz time, so that’s an additional 3 days/nights before the TD. PI is a 2 hour drive from Melbourne so you’re gonna need a car obviously.

All that and flights your well over 3k without food/drink, tyres, fuel for 3 days on track.

I did seriously contemplate it earlier once I got the email but after some quick maths that’s a lot of Euro TD’s instead.

17. I'd do it though if I could.

18. I'm seriously thinking about it. Waiting to see if any of my regular euro crew are up for it. One group has sold out already

19. Tempted!
    Flew to Oz once before.....Vowed to never do it again!

20. I’m in Australia now, I’m temped...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information