1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolimits - Phillip Island Track Day - 7-9th Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Mar 29, 2018.

1. You’re right the flights a killer, the Mrs is an Aussie and she goes back once a year. I can’t handle going quite that often.

Sydney to Melbourne is just under 800 miles. We’ve done a few big drives out there before, Perth to Monkey Mia and back, Alice to Coober Pedy, to Adilaide, to Melbourne along The Great Ocean Road. Had a few close calls with cattle, roo’s, Emu’s and camels while driving in the outback.

The worst animals are the cops with front facing speeds cameras, and static cams which are owned by Macquarie bank.

Petrol is cheap tho and there’s plenty of v8s to hire and borrow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just read upon FB it’s sold out.

I doubt I’ll do a trackday this year, and this will probably be the only one over next two years, so man-maths tells me it’s worthwhile. Tryouts mg to persuade Mrs B that she wants to come, then make it a 3 week holiday

• Like Like x 1
  3. How much?!

4. (31/12 -> 15/01 <-) ~£700 eco, ~£1300 prem, ~£2700 bis, ~£3900 1st.

5. All sold out!
    TBH I was surprised how competitively priced it is/was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forgive my grumpy auld man stance. But it doesn’t excite me one bit.... perhaps it has something to do with hanging round airports and living out of kit bags since 1987.
    We in Britain are blessed with having many, many world class circuits on our doorstep if you count Europe. That’ll do me. I’m oot!

7. Crabit auld cunt

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was referring to Quantas direct. Which seemed to come up twice the cost

9. I f*cking despise flying, so not for me. Already planing/plotting a trip to Mugello 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tbh this is as much about never having been to aaustralia and going with some really good mates as it is rid8ng Philip island. Not really feeling trackdays right now, but a trip to look forward to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ha ha, agreed... and you won’t be getting a 1st class upgrade with Quantas.

12. And cranker, gbyte666, Aussie Matt, John Mac. Think a few others on the periphery of my direct TD group are going too :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's on the boing Dreamliner not the a380.

14. Flew on them a few times. They’re worth it!

Im looking at flights at the mo...

• Like Like x 1
  15. They were Quantus QF10 direct flight prices when I looked last night.

16. What prices are people getting for flights ?

Be cool if a few of us got the same flights

17. Have you ever met them....:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be sat next to me on a bus ride, never mind a long haul flight!

19. As @Advikaz says' me, the angry Italian and a few others all booked up :) So excited already! Philip Island is right up there on the top of my bucket list and somewhere I didn't expect to actually get the opportunity to ride so it's a no brainer to get booked for a once in a lifetime experience. The only other one outside of Europe I really fancy is Laguna Seca but Philip Island is much higher on the awesome list. The bikes will be in shipping for 2-4 mths which is a fair amount of time but at least it means there will be some room in the garage for once to fix up the race bike over winter!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information