1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolimits - Phillip Island Track Day - 7-9th Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Mar 29, 2018.

1. I've been doing the track on iracing :)

The last corner 12 onto the main straight seems to be the big one from a time point of view; its very fast but there's a kink in the corner so you have to slow slightly to get lined up for the entrance to the straight otherwise you go wide onto the straight and have to slow down a bit later where you should be at vmax so it hits the times heavily.

It's a similar situation out of the second corner; the Southern Loop. It's a bit more tricky since it's also over a brow but it shoots you into the very fast sweeping left 'Stoners Corner' before the hairpin 'Honda Corner'.

The other technical part is Lukey Heights. You can brake very late up the short hill straight so you hit a wide outside apex as you turn to face down the hill.

Real life will no doubt will change it all around but iracing is very accurate and my times are usually very similar.
    2018-12-24 12_07_38-phillip island track map - Google Search.png

2. I have been watching a lot of youtube. The lines seem understandable, but as you say about turn 12, where to be on the gas or brakes is less straightforward. Video does not really do justice to the elevation changes either. I bet that sighting lap will be a proper "oh crap" moment.

3. If you want to spend £30 or whatever, here’s a taster

• Like Like x 1
  4. Now I get it, you have to pay....

5. Yep. He often does a deal about this time, 3 for 2 style stuff.

6. Well jel.

7. If you can glean brake points and reference points you’ll be fine. Fine tune on a steady first day then day 2 and 3 for busting Stoners pb.... probably :p:upyeah:

Enjoy. It’ll be ace!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Must admit, just bought his Donington dvd. Fekkin all over the place round Donington. I’ll study it before springtime. What I do like about it is that he has an LED on the dash hooked up to his brake thus giving good markers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. When he does his coaching, it’s how to ride that track not how to ride (from friends experience) and given (even at his age!) he’s not miles off bsb times, it’s worth listening too :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anyone going soon? This is on FB.
    Screenshot_20181227-143912.png

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. He’s sorted now. But what a knob Head :joy::joy:

Btw as others I know have done similar, I normally stick mine in my kit or cable tie to the bike somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's a tough lesson to learn, especially when in this case so far away. I am now thinking of failsafe places to secrete both of my keys.

13. There’s loads of places to hide a key. Or if track only go keyless :upyeah:

14. Swallow it and it should pop (plop) out just after you land :upyeah:

15. You say that with a slightly worrisome confidence...Are you Border Force?

16. Not long now, ever so slightly starting to get excited.

• Like Like x 1
  17. We need lots of pics chaps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And, we’ve arrived :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  19. I’ve seen some of the spider pics on fb

Looks a lovely welcoming place

• Like Like x 1
  20. How did the bikes travel?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information