1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Coast 500

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Nigel Machin, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Looks a right chew on to get there and a real nadgery road. I'm not too bothered about ticking boxes, I just want a decent ride.

2. Cape Wrath requires a ferry and it's foot passengers only but there is a bus to take you out to the lighthouse.

3. And miss this out? :eek:

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 13.01.22.png

4. Ah! I'd forgotten about Glenmorangie. If you go there ask for Brian, he is one of the 16 Men of Tain and has Ducatis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. if yer going to tain for a bite, sunflower caffe is thee best. nice wee village too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Probably not as it's not far out from the digs, with breakfast included. But cheers. :upyeah:

7. Look out for deer , never seen such a bad year for them crossing the roads. Especially the young ones.

8. Day 3 - Again, am I on the right track? :thinkingface:

Drumbeg - Clashnessie - Inverkirkaig - Mungasdale - Taagan - Applecross - Glencoe.

Day 3 - Drumbeg - Clashnessie - Inverkirkaig - Mungasdale - Taagan - Applecross - Glencoe.png

9. you could takeA right at fortbill, head for glenfinnon, maybe see the hogwarts express, take a left there and head round ardnamurrichan to the coran ferry, glencoe village is only 10mins from the ferry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. .....and finally - Day 4

Glencoe - Benderoch - Duck Bay - Fintry - Balgrochan - Kirkdean - Selkirk - Kielder - Home :) - Bed :zzz:

Or something along these lines. Just trying to avoid motorways, dual carriageways and Glasgae as I arrive back into covilisation. :innocent:

Day 4 - Glencoe - Benderoch - Duck Bay - Fintry - Balgrochan - Kirkdean - Selkirk - Kielder.png

11. avoid lochlomond then.
    pass through bender loch, give exe a wee wave.... and make your way to ineraray, then dunoon ferry to gourock, get of the ferry and hang a right. go down the coast and you will find roads that will take you east.

12. Like this? :thinkingface:

Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 14.04.58.png

13. yes, deffo yes. you will love it. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. What have people who have done this, found the availability of fuel stations to be like? :thinkingface:

15. I’ve never had a problem but when you see a petrol station fill up :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Didn’t have a problem in April, some of the “stations” are 2 pumps on a hard standing, blink and you’ll miss em, some are pay at pump and open 24/7. We did plan our stops Rob with fuel in mind but never got anywhere near a low warning :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. You weren't on a Hyperstrada with a thimble sized fuel tank Nige. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  18. You should be able to see petrol stations on Google maps and if you're worried about availability Google will also let you know if they are 24hr (these are fairly common if in a village). Shouldn't be a problem if you start to think about filling up every half tank :upyeah: Obviously towns will have cheaper supermarket petrol, independents tend to be about 4p a litre more round here so not total extortion :eek:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. 4p a litre more! :eek: It's lucky I'm not a Yorkshireman. :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Indeed, if I get caught out I only put a fiver in :bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information