1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern/scottish Supersport Meet 2018

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Sunshine maybe but fair chance of some pretty heavy rain too. Hoping to get there if it's not peeing down when I plan to set off.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. I really hope it's nice :(

3. Ain't gonna make it - family illness. Maybe next year.
    Have a good day all.

4. Setting off, see you later all

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm looking out over the Carter Bar and the sun is just peeking out so the weather is on our side for a good day, see you all in Bellingham:sun:

6. Setting off here in 30 mins - see you soon!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Currently peeing it doon at Carter Bar. Grrr

8. Was there at 12, sheltered at friends house at Edgerstone but no phone signal and no Internet so unable to give warning, met you as you headed south just south of Lilliards edge caravan park,also met Desmoquattro and friends just south of Jedburgh before the Bonchester turn off, I'm back home now sun shine, rain and thunder ⚡all at same time, I give up:confused:

#68 borderblaster, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  9. Roads drying at Bellingham- time to head home

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Good meeting you, folks. I fled home avoiding the rain, in case I got the SS dirty! Now sunbathing with a beer.
    Only another 300 miles to go...

11. Got soaked again heading North for home. Sat here now and there' hardly been a drop of rain all day. Hopefully we can do similar next year but on a drier day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Absolutely, I know I would definitely be up for one. It was good to meet everyone, even if we didn't hang about for long as the rain was closing in. In Edinburgh the weather's been great apparently. So sorry for Ian's dad coming off his Yellow SS, hope everything is good with him, briefly stopped and spoke on the way home.

Ian

13. Great to meet - good venue. The pie was damn fine when it finally arrived! We must make this a regular meet.

Home now - Hit torrential rain at Tow Law - thought I'd got away with it.

Sorry to hear about the 'off'. Hope the damage to man and machine is not to serious.

Phil

14. Thanks for the well-wishes folks, and sorry we didn't get to say hello to more of you. We were only about 5-6 mins from Bellingham when the front-end tucked on the Superlight, tipping my dad into the verge and incurring us a few scrapes and a delay. The weather was brilliant most of the way up, it wasn't until we over-shot on the A1 a bit and ended up coming in to Bellingham on some shockingly potholed and slippery roads that the rain came down in a biblical fashion.

Dad was a bit startled to say the least as he was taking it very steady. We suspect a bit of road paint or something similar was the cause as the Pilot Road 4's that are on the bike are recent and barely worn. They're a decent all-weather tyre too. There are a few scrapes and whatnot to attend to on the bike but nothing that can't be sorted out. Pleased to report that his protective gear did the protecting it was tasked with, although he'll likely have a few aches in the morning.

We ended up A19 on the way up (for speed) and A1 on the way back (for simplicity), so missed out on some brilliant roads up that way.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Good to hear that your dad's ok and that the bikes easily fixed. Thanks for the tip on the roads condition when we met you. We went a wierd route back and got lost in Keilder Forrest briefly before finding the A68.

16. "don't use the road from West Woodburn it's an awful rough, narrow, twisty twat of a road!" - yep, I missed this advice and I can now vouch for the accuracy of Borderblaster's description. Gave the fork seals something to worry about!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Very enjoyable ride to the venue, nice to put a few faces to names. We met the fallen rider at the petrol station, very glad to hear he was ok.
    We got two good soakings taking the road next to Hadrian's wall and that was trying to avoid heavier clouds to the south.
    A stop at Talkin Tarn for a brew before dropping a rider off for his ride to Glasgow had us simply riding back along the A69 to A68 and rain starting again as soon as we turned south: 180 miles all told, good but tiring fun.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information