1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. 5B814525-F58C-4FF4-B25D-A188C92D65F2.png I have ridden the Dominator (above) and it was a little underwhelming, looks beautiful but simply does not have enough power and suffers harsh vibration, the V4 I’m sure will be a different kettle of fish, going by it’s astonishing looks and Adam Childs write up after his recent MCN test ride I think they’ve got a world beater there, personally I prefer it’s looks to the Ducati V4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hi Chris, any news on when your bike arrives ? :)

3. Cancelled my order and now with solicitors.Not saying anything else at the moment because of legal proceedings.

4. Sorry to hear that Chris :worried::dizzy:
    I hope you get it sorted mate.

Despite them supposedly building and shipping them, I'm not sure quite how quickly they are doing so.
    I was hoping to hear a few reports from owners by now, but so far your the 3rd person that I knew had ordered one that has cancelled.

5. I put a deposit down on the SuperLight at the NEC show in November, late summer '19 is the official due date. I am under no illusion that it's more than likely going to be Summer '20.

6. I have heard a lot of things,found out a lot of things,seen a lot of things and been fed a lot of lies and have had enough,they even called my bluff on the legal threat.

7. Hmm, not ideal.

I just rang them to ask directly.
    They are still expecting to have all the SS's done by late summer. Still slots available too (no doubt trying to sell on cancelled orders like yours chris)
    Approx 20% built and handed over, so surprised there aren't more reports from owners about them.

8. I also placed a deposit at the NEC show , have been told only last week July delivery is still on .

9. Best get saving!

10. Still not filed their accounts as of today's date.

11. I can't help but read this and suspect that either

A) There is imminently an announcement that they are indeed going under.
    B) They are announcing very soon that they have sold the company to another, the likes of Triumph or A.N other to 'secure the future of this great british mark' and all that PR jazz...

One thing is that I am sure that things aren't going to get magically better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. It's very bizarre.
    Each year they file late, only this year has this notice been issued to presumably force their hand. I see the strike off is now marked as discontinued though.

13. That maybe because an application was sent to companies house to have the winding up order delayed so that customers/companies can get funds back.

14. Hmm, all is not well here....

15. :eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. So did my order!!

17. I promise to make my own V4.
    Anyone fancy leaving a returnable cash deposit?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Exactly...one BIG joke!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information