1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I felt compelled to write to MCN this morning after the ITV news broadcast, I've read MCN for over 20 years and can't believe they blindly praised a product that was rotten to the core. I'm thinking of starting a Facebook group, I'd really like to know the scale of the problem, how many people have lost their money?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ahh yeah. Kawasaki then - they've got a stake in Bimota recently.

3. You could always organise a ride out... that'd show them.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. As far as I can tell, the product wasn't rotten to the core - simply in early stage development and without the resources to finish the job properly. It's becoming ever more evident that the company however WAS rotten to the core, and has been from the off. I'd been seriously tempted by a v4 but, every time I saw a piece or documentary on the company, something didn't ring true, so I bought another Ducati instead…

• Like Like x 1
  5. I wonder how many letters they have ignored over the last 1 or 2 years :thinkingface:

6. I’d open with “that’s you fecked then” and see if he wants to keep the conversation going.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Seems an awful lot of in depth info on the Norton background, very quickly after the collapse. I’m sure potential purchasers would have liked even a snippet of that before laying down deposits etc. Nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. We seem to live in an era where marketing and a shiny shop front are more important than due diligence, guilty as charged here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Has he lost the Hall in the collapse?

10. They should have stuck with the Aprilia V4. Should have... should have.. Feel sorry for the people who have lost cash over this. I mentioned things to a guy who was at the Norton stand NEC 2019. He nearly bit my head off. No idea where in the company he stood, but clearly something was very wrong.

11. Garner reminds of Neil Woodford. (No, not Kenneth Noye........)

.....still, if someone looks like a crook, they nearly always are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I try hard not be (more) cynical as I age, but I would still place a bet on the correct answer despite him saying that he's lost "everything".

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. That's Jamie Oliver you're talking about, innit?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bob Hoskins? He always looked like a criminal ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I sold a car to a bloke that described himself as a Bob Hoskins lookalike - got a bankers draft :eek: all good :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Euphemism?

17. Nah, it was a Merc :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Brilliant.....:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information