1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Those jobs have been on there for nigh on 2 years. I was talking to a lad at the hall his dad worked for Triumph and he just got a job as operations director, he was very young and claimed he was going to sort it all out... I thought "good luck with that one fella"

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Would I get my £20 back for the Norton Event last summer at Donington Hall for the ticket I paid for but never received?

3. I ordered some clothing last night and got an email this afternoon stating my items were on the way....
    We’ll see.....
    Surely someone will pick up Norton, sadly probably a Chinese investor.
    Under the right ownership I’m sure it would be a success, obviously copious amounts of money will be needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Norton clothing is separate though owned by Pepe Jeans, they'd probably do a better job of running the bike side of the business too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Have the Breitling Norton watches been reduced yet?

6. Give it time... watch this space..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bet you looked them up tho...

• Like Like x 1
  8. you must be pykick..:)

9. Banks swindle? How so? I think its Norton who have worked a swindle!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I've now responded to BDO but am already proceeding to get my deposit back with Halifax through section 75 protection. This will all take time....

Let's hope Triumph pick up the potentially very attractive pieces rather than the Chinese company that did the engine deal if that was for real?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Where did you hear that Triumph May be interested?

12. The Norton name is probably a bit too tainted at present for Triumph to be interested I would have thought, we live in hope though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's a rumour I'm starting ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. What happened has happened and I knew the risks and only hold myself responsible for leaving my money there....... because I wanted the bike. Who feels safe about placing a deposit at your local dealer now?

My attention is now focused on what the administrator BDO does on behalf of the banks whom invested and knew the risks with investments, we whom have deposits were not investors and should be considered as a priority.

I posted this to attract anyone else who purchased a bike from Norton and has not received it to try and create a group rather than a discussion about the situation, there are plenty of them out there for that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I would not feel unsafe putting a deposit down with Ducati, or one of the major bike suppliers, though I would take precautions by paying with credit card etc, with a refund due prior to my coverage rights expiring.

I don't think the debacle with Norton is really comparable to the typical business approach generally used in the motorcycle industry. The Norton saga has dragged on for years, with many stories of a clearly disfunctional operation and financial irregularities.

All that said, I think its a shame and I wish you well in getting your money back. I'd also like to see the Norton management in court.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. There is zero chance of getting a deposit back.

The banks invest by taking a guarantee from the company and/or directors. That is always the case, no bank would ever do otherwise.

Caveat emptor is a basic principle in British contract law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Whatever money is raised by either selling the business as a going concern or selling it off in bits will be less than that owed by the company to all its creditors. Creditors will get paid in the order
    HMRC
    Any party with first charges over property/assets - usually banks
    Any other secured creditors
    Any unsecured creditors
    Shareholders

Usually the money runs out after line 2 if not line 1 above.

Check with BDO you are listed as a creditor, they have to tell you. If not get listed, that’s you’re first priority.

Realistically you’ll be very lucky to get anything back unless you paid by a credit (or in some cases debit) card whereby you have protection from the card provider due to the way contract law works.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information