1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Garner still has some involvement, how can this be positive news? :eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Garner still having some involvement... f*ck that, absolutely nails the coffin lid closed that, on top of skinner staying involved. I don't even 'wish them luck' as it's just absurd now, let the brand die and he can p*ss off back to making fireworks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. He has probably secured himself a nice little retainer as a consultant...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Exige, because he has no control.

I've not read the superbike article, that apparently gives the answers.
    Without jumping to conclusions it could simply be a matter of short term hand over rather than longer term gravy train.

I specifically said to her (Garner aside) that for me to spent the thick end of 30k+ on a bike with them, they need to offer the sort of warranty, parts backup, and customer service that I can get from any one else in the same market, for example Ducati.
    I also mentioned the total unwillingness to submit a bike for a service to them unless there was a written assurance that the only parts to be removed would be those requiring replacement with new parts available, and not to complete another customers order as has happened.

We shall see what happens. Not much this year I suspect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Any involvement at all is a stain on the reputability of the new company I think and a big mistake on their part.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Just buy a Ducati. I can’t even see why there is a dialogue here, if you want to buy British for whatever misguided reason, just buy 30k worth of fish and chips!

#1246 JoeC, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I agree. I'd not give them a penny on principle if that cnut is still involved in any way shape or form.
    I hope Kate brown reads this.
    I'm not claiming to be rich, but I'm the sort who could afford one if I wanted one to, so there's one less potential customer.

#1247 Flatty, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoeC, its has little to do with buying British.
    I like what I like regardless of where its made and buy on that basis, not because of what others may think.
    The bike did look stunning when I saw it so slapped a deposit down, but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.
    I did consider a Panigale R, but wanted something different.

The dialogue on this thread is because there is nowhere else discussing it, or wasn't when I started this thread anyway :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. I really wanted a superlight, as I probably said a million pages ago. £20k wouldn't have even put me off for something really beautifully engineered and really well spec'd. It looks like they will never happen now, or if they do they will be at the bottom of the pile and that's fair. Nothing will change my mind though, even if they announce they are releasing it next month, I will not spend a penny of my money while those two are in anyway linked.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The two shits at the top of the company that lost all the deposits, taxpayers millions, pension funds not only are not going to jail, but are both being retained. The company that dismantled owners bikes to get additional full payments in the last few days knowing what was about to happen.

Outrageous. Now I wasn't planning to buy one, so Norton hasn't lost my business, but it makes me angry and disgusted that this is the conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. Neither was I, but I'm the type who might have woken up one morning and thought "fcuk it, why not?"
    Now I'll wake up any morning thinking "no fcuking way am I touching one".
    I'm appalled tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. He can advise on avoiding criminal prosecution for stealing people's money...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. You literally can’t make it up.

Talk about cluster fucks.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. In July’s Bike mag:

6A1DEAE5-7E79-46C8-A65C-F189E36B2FFF.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. The reason that Garner is there is to ensure they get as much info as possible about all manner of commercial terms and what the hell is going on etc. They won't want to pay him but they realise it's easier than trying to find out stuff by themselves. He's effectively blackmailed them!
    Hopefully it’ll be a very short term thing.

16. I pressume the crafty snake now he's declared the company responsible, that his fee for the new company can't be touched?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. In half a page it goes to:

"The ombudsman also directed Mr Garner and LD to make payments to investors for "distress and inconvenience" totalling at least £180,000."

Now it could be "as well as" but who thinks its more likely to end up as "instead of"?

18. "Blood" and "stone" are two words that immediately spring to mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information