1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Also there is no middle man dealers commissions to pay, it could result in a fair amount of work & reduce a loss making factory overheads and bring in cash flow, plus the PR - just as importantly have the bikes being seen at meets, ride outs etc.

Worse case scenario they make some bikes at cost, whilst they get on their feet, with some good ads.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Didn’t some desmosedici suffer same problem?

3. No idea, I’d have the same reaction though.:)

4. Shit on it. That’s quite a list of high risk stuff! Kinda makes Ducati’s fuel sensors, cracking pipes and faulty sensors look positive…

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes, they did and some had oval pistons that were meant to be round. Andy

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Shit the bed!

some of those issues are not shy!

7. What an absolute disgrace those bikes and those involved in it are. (Gardner et el)
    Imagine if someone had a serious RTC on one of Garners V4's; the following litigation would be an absolute nightmare.

8. wonder if the bikes TVS are going to fulfill will eliminate these issues?

so glad I didn’t pony up 20k for a naked.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That fucker should be in jail. Shows a poor show on U.K. justice he isn’t. Even found guilty of illegally using pension funds and fuck all happens.

Yet don’t wear a mask in tesco or meet a mate and have a coffee on a walk (previously ) and cops all over it!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. This is an eye watering read! Engines seizing, throttle sticking, oil and valve issues, blooming heck.

Everytime there were puff pieces written by MCN, none of the issues ever got mentioned, but none of the bikes are likely to last more than a thousand or so miles of the issues are that bad! Appreciate MCN didn’t do 1k miles on one but surely they should have questioned the total lack of testing

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. The worst thing is TVS are employing Skinner.I wouldn’t touch anything he is involved in.Learnt my lesson on that one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Yeah I was surprised he’s still in the picture.

13. Christ, that makes a worrying read.
    I'm glad I didnt get my bike. I always had questions regarding the engine and potential issues, and now it seems they were founded.

I do still get contacted by the new company asking if I am still interested in completing my order when they are built. My response is always the same: yes I still like the look of the bike, but want some assurances regarding quality, warranty, spares availability, and servicing.

I sincerely hope the new company can make some bikes and become profitable, even if it isnt the RR/SS.

• Like Like x 3
  14. As long as Skinner is there I wouldn't/won't buy a Norton on principle.

15. I saw one of those Nortons at the Super sausage meet one or two years ago but after reading that defect list (if accurate) I wonder if the the geezer made it home! (he didn't stall and drop the bike on leaving).

16. The bikes still look lovely, but I question whether they will hold their money as expected now this is public.
    I want to ride my bikes, and with such a long list of faults likely to lunch the engine, and then no way of getting spares, that would worry me.

17. Even if all the faults were corrected I’d personally never feel confident on it.
    Feel for the people who managed to get one then get this news.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information