1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Deposit Info, It's Demise & It’s New Owners

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by John W, Oct 16, 2018.

1. this is a shame, gut feel is that they simply can’t remedy the fundamental issues without a ground up change of engine

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cracking on and getting the Atlas thing out of the door for a reasonable price would be a better bet than halo bikes I'd have thought? RE seem to be making hay with the Interceptor and Continental GT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The bankruptcy of the company must have been planned into the "business model". Clearly Garner etc knew the quality of the bikes was vastly below was was required. They knew that no matter what happened the bike would totally fail mechanically. There was no point at all in continuing, as that would simply have made their problems far bigger and not brought them any more funds. Thus the bankruptcy date would ideally be exactly when it was - totally pre planned.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. At the risk of offending people, surely Triumph can offer good bikes at a similarly "reasonable" price to the Atlas models, without all the uncertainty? If you are ever in the Hinckley area, the Triumph factory is only 5 mins from the M69 and it has a good coffee shop and (free) museum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Do you have a deposit on a v4, if so was it an RR or an SS? Or did you just register interest? Just wondering what this might apply to

6. Gizmo, pretty sure it was sent to those who have already paid some money, either full or deposit.
    I got the email too.
    They also said if you want out the receivers have set a deadline in which to claim any funds by.

7. I was under the impression that this related to the Superlight rather than the V4? ANy chance you can post a copy of the letter please?

8. Here you go Gizmo :)

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I did have a deposit on a V4rr and got that back some time ago, then re registered my interest when TVS at that stage seemed to be committed to produce the V4.

10. I think they will have realised also that the emissions and performance targets aren’t acceptable, my betting is that the v4 makes an average of bout 150hp for an 1100cc and they just don’t think it’s good enough to sell. Manufacturers don’t just nail engines first time without significant r&d. I remember watching a YouTube thing on the MV 675 and they were saying they got stuck at a ‘certain hp’ for ages and ages then made a step and found 20hp, well it’s not 20hp more powerful than it’s competition, and has less midrange so they must have had an engine that was at a point in time fragile, and making 10hp less than the competition…. Clearly even MV weren’t happy with that, but garner… crack on bud

• Like Like x 1
  11. In years to come, these bikes ‘might’ be the foggy Petronas of this decade ..

Fascinating story never the less

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. The bloke is a cnut. The Ombudsman agrees with me - he is just not as succinct.

"I conclude, on the balance of probabilities, having regard to the evidence and submissions received, that the Trustee’s belief that investing the entirety of the Schemes’ funds in [Norton Motorcycles] Holdings was in the members’ interests, and his failure to take advice on the matter, or inform himself of his responsibilities and duties as a pension scheme trustee, was so unreasonable that no reasonable trustee could have held such a belief."

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. He will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and only his wife will be allowed to be a company director for 12 months.

14. One big scam. Probably the only time I wished I lived under Sharia Law as I would love to see his head role......

He’s protected by the stupid rules of Limited Companies/HMRC who are useless and the losers as always are the funders aka the bikers who put money into it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oh what punishment would that be?

Being tickled with a feather?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I've already stated the punishment.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information