1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Racing 1988

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Jun 3, 2019.

1. One of my customers told me about how he helped sponsor Norton back in 1988 and that they gave out certificates to all, not sure if he put £5 or £500 etc but he has recently pasted away and whist I'm there working i asked his wife if she still had the certificate which i first saw about 4 years ago, so i thought i would put up a few photos,
    Has anyone seen one of these before and I'm tempted to email Norton a few photos.
    The name TRUWEN is the name of there/sponsors house.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Roadtrip, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Yes i saw them race at the Euro atlantic races at Brands and Donnington over Easter 1988 ,my god they were fast down the straights ,Trevor Nation was one of the riders who was a close friend of my friend who was racing in the support classes ,remember they were done in JPS livery ,blast from the past

3. Norton rotaries do it for me!
    I wish i had the cash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  4. No HD on tv in them days

5. The bike in the middle looks to be in the colours of your picture, looking at the tail unit it appears to be spot on :thinkingface:

Will-Broadhead-Norton-588-9-1000x667.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. From what i can find the 1988 was for one year as new bike in 89, would be good to see a side view, I've found a few black, white photos.

7. Here it is:

88.jpg DdybsMxVAAU_v4O.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. :upyeah:
    EM687477_highres.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. I watched the Henry Cole bike show as it was all about Norton and showed this bike, so i have emailed Norton with photos for any information, i won't hold my breath for a reply but you never know,

• Like Like x 1
  10. Was looking at a Norton rotory road bike on saturday, original and unrestored, it was in a private collection at Kirk Michael on the Iom.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tell them you have a deposit for a V4. They will be in touch asap..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Norton got back to me, but no luck
    "Unfortunately we don't have any archive information. We purchased the brand in 2008" they mentioned i could try the Norton owners club.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I think the No. 19 is Steve Hislop’s bike. Currently watching him and Fogarty in the 1992 Senior on ITV4. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just recording that now.

15. Not a spoiler but the programme is probably one of the best bike programmes I’ve watched for a long time. Enjoy. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dribble......

17. awesome bikes, wish I had bought the JPS F1 I was offered a while back. Prices have gone ballistic now the classic racing scene is mopping up all the bikes and especially engines.

Interesting thing from the program tonight was just how temperamental they were to get running right when race tuned, and how hot they ran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. What happened to the picture? I have lots of info on the early rotary bikes, I have Spondon frame 347 the first one raced, now in JPS livery.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The owners lived in my street but since Edward past away his wife moved a few miles away but is still a friend and customer of mine and the certificate has gone to there daughter,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information