1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton V4sv: New Norton’s New Superbike Unveiled

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Oct 29, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. quite the restyle!!!....................

I noticed yesterday they launched a new website, but it has no content.. A slightly amateurs' move, I can't help but think things are moving slower than they or we expected with the additional financial input. I did however read the full list of safety issues published regarding the original v4 and it's quite harrowing.

The 185HP figure though, with an engine that rev's less is MUCH more realistic I think than the claims Norton had previously made. I don't think it will be worse for it, yes it's 1200CC so 200HP should be easily achievable but I don't think the market for this bike care about the absolute power figure, and it will now have to be properly homologated against Euro5 where as I believe previously those that actually did get road registered were done on SVA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. It gives all major manufacturers a run for their money on looks.

But Norton is not a major manufacturer for production, quality or back-up.

I dare say the price will be very premium.

Part of that price justification is not only a great looking product, but it has to work properly and have a long-term production future.

Caveat emptor....

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. You have to say whatever their problems, they have a hell of a design team!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. How the f@ck can they launch new products when the last lot were so white and they ripped out thousands of pensioners?! The brand is tarnished: give all the money back and maybe it will be redeemed.
    Disgraceful

And all they have done is rip the bmw off

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Pretty, but for people with more money than sense. I don't think any company using the Norton brand has made money since the 1970s, and even then it was on the way out and propped up by government subsidies. Surely, if you want a fast bike with a V4 engine, you buy one from a company with a reputation for building them successfully, which means Ducati, Aprilia or Honda (any more?).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anyone else getting a sense of Deja vu? Norton launching expensive, stylish & supposedly fast bikes is a groundhog day event that comes every few years, as does their government bail out followed by bankruptcy and a procession of ripped off buyers .

I'm not in that market, I hope those that are have better luck than is usual.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Is anyone really going to be sucked into this bottomless pit again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. People buy Ducati's. Theres plenty of people who will pay money for a bike thats exclusive in the sense that its the same as the normal one but with stickers on it. They will also pay an inflated price for a bike that is questionable RE quality. I've done it myself. People will buy the Norton. I'm sure of it. If you have the money, why not? We're blokes. We're morons. Paint it red, put some gold wheels on it and charge me £5k more. Yes please.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Run for the hills. :dizzy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I agree but tarted up ducatis etc are still originally proven models with lipstick on. It would seem that is not the case with the Nirton.

11. It looks like a blobfish with mirrors.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Looks like a speed triple withn aftermarket cafe racer tail and early 2000s plastics

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. You can get parts for Striples.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Bob a fairing on the front stick on a Norton logo and you’re there. Frame even has same the two pipes thing

43408511-DEBA-42DC-8A09-23E1784D8E73.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. That’s what I thought….

I trust they’ve squared up all those punters that put down eye watering deposits and got fuck all??

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  16. What does?

17. [​IMG]

They got the same expression...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wow that’s a stretch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Look at the sad eyes, the big nose... the downturned mouth. It's not a looker...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information