1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton V4sv: New Norton’s New Superbike Unveiled

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Garner has screwed Norton’s reputation for a few years to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I’m hoping they do the Superlight.
    I nearly put a deposit on one before (eek) but would certainly consider a TVS one.

3. Clearly the current owners know they can weather that storm and could possibly be confined to the U.K., it would seem that they’re pressing on regardless. The chagrin over Garners handling of Norton may only be confined to those who lost large sums ‘investing’ in the brand.

I wouldn’t buy one as I don’t find it an attractive bike, if I did I’d purchase one should funds allow. I sympathise with those who lost money but it wouldn’t prejudice me against a purchase.

4. Why would you buy one of these instead of a v4 panigale? Its only got 180bhp, costs prob 10k more. Price it at 20 and i'll think about it. Price it >30k and frankly it doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Paying top price for an unproven bike with no pedigree, is for fools with too much money. For me there's no nostalgia premium in buying a bike with a famous name from the third owners of a company which has gone bankrupt at least three times. Why would anyone think this bike would be comparable to a Ducati or Aprilia?

Now if it was a great deal, that would be worthy of some consideration.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. In it’s current form I wouldn’t, but then I prefer the Aprilia to the Pantigirdle. Panti is more than 20k isn’t it ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Isn’t that the same “Chad” that gave a glowing review to the Garnercycle V4SS? You know the one that was unroadworthy that he fawned over. He’s not credible. Back to Goole with him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RS660 is a bit of a nice thing.

9. my mates just got one to race. Slow as shit :weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Your mate or the bike?:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. His mate on that bike ;)

The ape is too underpowered and too overweight to be a real entertaining package. Imho a good ER6 or even SV would do it for fun and times on track at fraction of the cost

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had a deposit down for a super light I was one of the lucky ones to get my deposit back. £44k for a v4 ? I believe they should be pushing the original super light using a tuned aprilia 660 motor. That’s where the volume sales are especially now you can’t buy a middle weight sports for the road R6 CBR etc.

C09533E2-94C1-45F6-8AB6-54194B6E30DE.jpeg

13. how the world changes

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

14. Basically this.

that class is getting a bit silly tbh. The bikes are having the bollocks tuned off of them to make them work and then the motors last 5 seconds.
    Defeats the object of the class in my opinion. Seems like every year the capacity is raising.

it’s becoming what supersport was.

15. Aren't the little Italian RS660's going pop at the minute? As in new engines fitted under warranty.

16. They've been trading on the Norton name to the weirdie beardies for decades.
    It's a no from me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Even the Panigale V4 SP2 is £10k cheaper. Which is probably twice the bike.

I doubt many of the Norton's will get ridden in anger anyway.

18. I saw at TT that the 'priller was at least 10mph down on the Patons but heard from Lee Johnston that the motor was completely stock and that they focused on the chassis.

If we're saying that the Paton is a breathed on ER-6 motor, would it be fair to expect that there's potential in the 660 for tuners to work their magic? The ER-6 isn't a fireball in stock form if I understand correctly.

19. I've heard a few people describe the twins as pretty much a prototype class... sounds like it isn't far from the mark?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. There's also this for the V4SV that might be of interest:
    Tom.
    PS. But not for me!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information