1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Not Long Back From Almeria And Thinking Of Giving Up

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stephen Moir, Nov 2, 2018.

1. hey folks not long back from almeria and I have to say I just wasn’t feeling it and really considering giving up both road and Trackdays

But I’ve got to think with my head and not with my heart

What would a reasonable quick sale price for an 1199s fitted with termis / 9500 miles / Requires this years service but could have this done ?

Could come with optional extras depending on price These could include

MRA screen
    GB racing crash protection
    gubelini paddock stands
    Genuine DP race fairings

Thanks

Steve

2. depends on price I guess mate, sorry to hear your not enjoying riding though. :(

3. Check eBay. Find cheapest then take 10% off. Or go to newsagents, pick up Parker’s or whatever does used pricing and look at px dealer price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Has it been tracked..?

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Cheers for the info guys

@ final edition

It has done one Euro Trackday with me in the novice group

Thanks

Steve

6. Noooo....don’t sell it, you’ll regret it !!

The salt is on the roads here up north and I’ve just sorned mine and it won’t be used till next year now.
    Just put it away for winter, do a few jobs on it and do something else for a few months, walking, mountanbiking, dogging...whatever takes your fancy :laughing:!!

Guarantee by spring next year you’ll have your Mojo back and be gagging to get back on it :upyeah:

If you sell it, the first booming shiny red Duke that fly’s past you next year will bring a tear to your eye :sob:
    Don’t say you haven’t been warned!!

Forgot to say, ..it’s a shit time of year to sell a bike anyway!
    Use the time it’s off road to plan a few long weekends away next year, 4 day weekends about 1,000 miles each, we do one in Wales and one in Scotland every year, nothing better than getting away for a while with your mates, we laugh like fekkin drains on our weekends away with the boys, keeps me almost sane!

#6 Poucher, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I think a base 2012 1199 will make about £9k & 1199S about £11k.
    Termis & extras will probably add £250-£500.
    Add £1k per year eg 2014 1199S would be about £13-£13.5k
    Market is soft right now with it being year end and being pushed downwards by the V4 pushing 1299 prices downwards.

8. Thanks for the info guys think I’m going to price it somewhere in between

Thanks again

Steve

9. Probably best sleeping on it, for a month or so at least unless you actually need the money.

If you change your mind it will cost you an awful lot more to replace it than you get selling it at this time of year.

Also giving up is not the best strategy long term, can't you redirect what you're feeling now and see the issues as challenges to beat through training etc?

10. I nearly sold my 1199s earlier in the year through to lack of use and just fell out of love with it. Really glad I never did sell it, one day and cant think of the reason why I just fell in love with it again so I treated it to some HPK discs and a little bit of carbon.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Maybe a bit leftfield but have you ever considered off-roading? There are some great organised tour operators out there such as Toby's epic trips; https://rideexpeditions.com/

I get more out of these adventure trips than road riding (still love European tours) as it is absolutely immersive and you'll meet some interesting riders from around the world.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agree off road is brilliant, let's face it if straight after a Euro trackday you feel you have lost interest it's fair to say you have lost interest at this moment in time, the trackday surely should have the opposite affect as in making you want to buy a trackbike and thinking which van should I get.

13. I had similar feelings this year, didn't really enjoy riding the 1199 on the road and was wondering if I should keep it. I took up fly fishing for a few months and left the Ducati in the garage. Last week I done a trackday at Oulton Park and it it sparked my passion again, so much so I have just bought some DP track fairings for it. I am also looking at getting a KTM300 to do some offroad riding to change things a little.

I wouldn't sell the bike, just find a new hobby for a while and then come back to it in a years time.

14. Cheers for all the comments guys. Going to have a good hard think about it and take it from there

Thanks

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. get yourself on a ducati group trackday overseas trip next year..... the craic, the ducati crap talk, the evening meals and wine....wot not to like!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Have you got a link to that andyb ?

Thanks

Steve

17. ducati only track days are good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have done a few now where o haven’t ridden, as it’s just a laugh.

19. yes mate
    there are a group of long time ducati owners been doing at least 1 foreign track event a year since around 2003...been to most of the southern europe tracks, next year is Aragon with NL beginning of May. early days yet but if your interested forward me an email address and ill get you added to the group email stuff.

you are more than welcome to come along good banter and craic that should fix you back in to the fold!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information