1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Not Long Back From Almeria And Thinking Of Giving Up

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stephen Moir, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Wow. You have mellowed. Would `el `presendente be invited too? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. As AndyB says, get out on one of our trips, I organise them and own the mailing list Andy talks about .... at this stage I am holding 20 slots for the 3rd to 5th May Aragon trip with NL, email update going out Monday, ping me your email address and I will include you .... no obligation to join us.

Failing that I will happily bid you in the nuts for your bike and make it my next track bike .....

• Like Like x 2
  3. nah not free enough for him...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Same...:upyeah::D

5. Well make me an offer I can only say no lol

Steve

6. £6K and collect Sat :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I had same thoughts a couple of years back. My medicine was swapping Panigale for an 848 track bike and an old 900SS for road. For me was best biking decision i’ve ever made. Even had change for more track time!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Weather was shit, wasn't it? Not my best gig either but on and on....

9. Hello all, from a different bike forum (on here) but I thought I’d put my opinion in!

I also was not ‘feeling’ my bike when I first bought it and riding it on the road was a bit daunting especially here in Italy as the car drivers are.... well I’m sure you know or have seen how they drive!

I took the my Hypermotard to a track in Abbruzzo Italy, on the Adriatic coastline.
    It’s a smaller track compared many famous cirtcuits in Italy with only 1.6km but with many curves so a very technical track so not just open her up and fly!
    It’s also used for cars/carting which you might laugh or raise your eyebrows at but for the riding team at this curcuit Max speed is socondary when it comes to track days.
    Your body position is what you need to master first so the bike will flow with you and Vice-a-versa. It’s what they were ‘trying’ to drill into my novice head!

2 instructors, one on a KTM (he races the endurance classic Cup on a Motoguzzi) and the other guy who speaks reasonable English on a Hypermotard.

I took a 2 day, 1 on 1 course at a very reasonable price compared to some of the trackday schools on the net. This is an ALL DAY 9:00 > 16:00 training so had to work quite hard each day.... around 90-100 laps!

After those 2 days I adore my bike now and will not get rid of it. I’m not saying I’m an expert rider now as still learning but much more confident rider.

Now when we go out for rides with guys from work in the Dolomite mountains or around Trentino (where I currently live) I feel amazing and enjoy riding with them instead of lagging behind on the twisty mountain roads.... but still keeping safe!

So @ Stephen Moir ! Don’t do it or if you’ve really made up your mind to sell try a different model first!

CEB559A8-3FCB-4A38-B93F-3EE62ABA75E4.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. An addition to my post...
    I got on so well with them that they asked me to be their U.K. contact for organising people to come over from the U.K. to their track days in 2019. I think I was their ‘token’ Brit

I will soon create a separate thread for the track days on offer with prices options and more detailed info.

• Like Like x 3
  11. please more info

12. That track looks like it would be a load of fun on my Gilera Nordwest......
    And Dibble, Bradders, and Andy B-much as I would like to meet up with the old crew again-a/ I'm not sure you would want me, and b/ the only Ducati I have these days is a 450RT-which would be a bit lost around Aragon.......

13. There’s a 2012 on eBay that can’t sell with termis he’s at 8600 no bids i think

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. its probably gonna make around £9k at this time of year. your market is tiny as bikes over £5k tend to be financed. Dealers can get £2k more for most expensive bikes because of this. You are relying on self employed cash rich, or bank loan types for your sale.
    Keep it for next year, you have nothing to loose!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gents

I very much doubt the OP will be back, one of those very rare cash in the attic types has pounced on this and acquired it, complete with all the upgrades, Rizoma rearsets, crash protection, termis and all road kit, paddock stands, plus brand new DP trackday bodywork and it’s just been fully serviced by Ducati Glasgow at the OPs expense and is awaiting collection, which will be in the new year before it goes off for trackday bodywork paint.

The cheapest 1199s out there seems to be 10.5k, and that’s not what’s been paid for this, all parties happy with the deal.

Oh, said buyer hasn’t even seen the bike yet lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. poor Stephen

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. colour scheme?
    dibblecorse...check
    martini...check
    gulf blue check..
    2018.....and...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 20.13.21.png

• Agree Agree x 1