1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not So Newbie From Lincoln

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jonny Moto, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Hiya folks,
    although I have been a Ducatisti since the early nineties I haven't joined the forums till today, mostly because I've been working at a Ducati dealership for the last twenty years so I was getting a decent daily Ducati "fix"! Sadly due to the owner retiring it closed at the end of last year so I thought this would be a good time to join and hopefully interact with other like minded (obsessed?) fans of the only brand worth owning!
    I currently have a small selection of Dinosaurs including a 748SP that I owned back in the nineties and bought back a couple of years ago, a Monster S2R that is my go to bike, a rare black and silver 750 Sport and a ditch pump, otherwise known as a Moto Guzzi Le mans!
    Cheers for now,
    Jonny

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome to the forum Jonny, i spent many happy hours browsing and occasionally buying at Italia over the years, very sad to see it close...there's quite a few other like minded Ducatisti in our area.:upyeah:

3. Welcome to the forum.:)

4. Thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to the exchanges on here, although I've never been a member before I was aware of the sort of things that went on from some of the guys that kept me up to date!
    Italia closing was a big part of my life gone but I'm looking forward to new horizons and fresh challenges ahead! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome into our mad house :)

looking forward to your rubbish bin pics

6. Welcome Jonny:upyeah:, pictures as and when please of the said machines.

7. Nice to have you here

8. Welcome and enjoy

9. Welcome fellow Lincoln Ducatisti :fist:

10. morning jonny_moto'

11. Hi Jonny from Johnny. I think many of us have chatted with you face to face !

I am the guy who bought a ST4s from Italia in 92 (from the old shop) then waited until 6 months before your closure to buy another. Feel free to block me!

12. Welcome Jonny,
    I was sad to see Italia close its doors. We met many times in a business capacity, I wish you all the best in your future adventures:upyeah:

13. Ayup Jonny! You recovered from Xmas hibernation :) Hopefully see you soon in the real world, but good to see you on here as well. All the best x :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stay Tunned Jonny, Nelly may well be opening a three story showroom with a waterfall and a heli pad, he shall need good Sales people!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ayup Nelly,
    you are quite right, after Italia closed I did have a months hibernation to reset my brain and just chill out a bit, the last three months were "intense" to say the least, trying to sell off thirty five years worth of accumulated stock in twelve weeks was a big ask even for a dedicated team like we had there!
    I've started a new job at B&B Suzuki to head up there new Ducati section, we have a few bikes in stock and I'm just in the process of setting things up like facebook page website etc so it's all go again!!
    Looking forward to the summer weather and taking a ride out to see you for a brew and a full range of suitable insults whether deserved or not! :cool::joy:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey Jonny
    Nice to see you on the forum, better get one of those yellow bikes road worthy and come out for a ride, my 999s is nearly finished… F9A70827-C4E9-4C8A-A669-B28E044EB954.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. well i am not in lincoln but not a million miles away in grimsby
    sad that we have lost another great bike shop but nice to see people still alive and kicking
    haven't been in much since terry left to be honest just a coincidence by the way
    was in moto italia a few weeks before closing it felt very strange to see it so empty

18. Hiya Chris,
    it looks like the first of my collection that will see the road is actually orange but I suppose that could be called very dark yellow so should still qualify? :grinning::cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information