1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Yet Got It

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by wastegate, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Well I knew as soon as I typed it somebody would have built a turbo'd Ducati and a picture would pop up ... but is that a gas turbine! Did it ever work/run ? Did that frame rail stay attached? Impressive and scary at the same time.

2. Some pics of the Spondon race bike through its years - if in the wrong place delete or remove.
    Initial build stock 906Paso engine, suzuki gsxr forks, dymag wheels and Hejira race exhaust Red003 (copy).jpg
    Second season 900ss with one of 3 944 kits quill exhausts and 42 FCR ( TDM parts )
    green003_copy.jpg
    Final season Harris subframe and CF seat, CF singles tank and 916 CF fairing. Now like this in pieces but 906 paso engine and cloverleaf system.
    FinalConfig002_copy.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Very Cool :cool::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheers. BEARS, BOTT ( non 888 class ) and club racing .. great years.

5. Nice to see that wastegate.
    I have just finished a Spondon project that I acquired last year, hence the interest.
    Mine was road registered from new. I will post some pics of the build and story on a seperate thread when I get organised.
    Still ironing out a few minor issues.
    Initial impressions are that it makes my 750F1 seem very pedestrian!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi. I had 2 frames ( The first direct from Steve Wynne at sports motorcycles who supplied them as a batch of frame kits and looked after my engine rebuilds ) and 2 friends/competitors built ones as well after mine turned out pretty well. All included the simple frame mod that Hejira worked out ( to cure the weaving under power that the Jim Blomley ?sp? Bike with an 888 in the faster BOTT class seemed prone to ) and good old Bob at Spondon modified for me ( he was such a decent bloke - despite having to search for new swear words when he saw my truly pathetic attempts at fabrication). Happy to help with any information if I can ( and I can get these messages working ). Will look forward to seeing & reading about your build. 750F1 is a gorgeous bike, very jealous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like the bin top peeking above the hedge :)

Welcome into our mad house

8. Tasty!!:upyeah::upyeah:

9. Welcome dude

10. Thanks for the welcomes ( and the strange bin-centric comment too, afraid to say it was next doors )!

Was off to a dealer Monday, couldn't make it so was planning to go today and it was gone by Friday. Did a 100 mile plus ride out with my wife on the back and hoping to see a different one at another dealer on the route - and it sold last night.

However I did get to see a 900ss ie and, although it wasn't the bike for me, just sitting on it made all the old excitement and 900ss lust come flooding back ( after all the bikes I have had in the meantime too ). My wife says it has to be a carby though, whereas I thought the ie looked better in the flesh than in the pics and the riding position ( static ) felt fine.

This could be a long process, but there is no hurry.

Wastey

• Like Like x 3
  11. Well its morphed into a cheaper 888 wrong colour higher mileage bike that's not been run much for a number of years. To start it ( as it has red strip kevlar belts fitted ) or just to wait and trailer it home if it all seems OK is the big question.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information