1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Apr 15, 2019.

1. He had too much to drink and threw up in bed........when he woke up, he thought his hump had burst.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. I would rather have Salma Hayek

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FB_IMG_1555408046524.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Build centuries ago by artisans with limited tools but with unlimited skill sets,The lord moves in mysterious ways:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think she’s been off the woodbines for a few years now !

6. If they had stonemasons working there, maybe it was a chip off the old block that caused it?

Mind you, a few weeks ago, I saw a small recruitment advert by ISIS for a stoneworker contract in France - only smokers need apply.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Seems the biggest issue is finding enough trees of sufficient size to rebuild it as it was.

Terrible loss

8. composite replacements, i'm working on 'em now..

9. Ideal opportunity to finally put the sprinklers in

10. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Just waiting for Theresa may too come back from holiday and say the UK is donating 20Million, i kid you not.

13. How much did the Pope and Catholics give for York Minster I wonder :thinkingface:

14. Nope, can't find anything on Google - but I found this which is a bit funny o_O never saw him on Spitting Image as it mentions though.

He was a cleric and theologian and, for some people, the man who was to blame for the fire at York Minster in 1984.

The Rt Rev Dr David Jenkins has died at the age of 91.

He was known as the "unbelieving bishop" after expressing doubts that God would have arranged the Virgin Birth and the Resurrection.

But here in North Yorkshire he was best known for being blamed for the lightning strike on the Minster which led to a huge fire causing serious damage. He'd just been appointed Bishop of Durham and the fire started a couple of days after his consecration inside the Minster.

Many people believed that it was a sign of divine wrath at his appointment.

Dr Jenkins held the post until 1994, when he retired and became an honorary assistant bishop in Ripon and Leeds.

He had been living with Alzheimer's disease for a number of years and died in Barnard Castle, County Durham, on Sunday morning. His family said a funeral would be held at Durham Cathedral at a later date.

Born in Bromley in Kent, he served in Durham during the miners' strike in the 80s openly criticising Margaret Thatcher.

Dr Jenkins was satirised in television puppet show Spitting Image, being depicted in one episode persuading God to become an atheist.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Two Choir boys.

16. Used?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Is there other kind? :eek:

18. Depends if they get lucky or not...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information