1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ns400r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Deano84, Jul 3, 2017.

1. anyone know anything about these bikes? I've been looking for a bit of a project and have been offered one It's a c reg ns400r in rothmans colours and it's completely stripped! All parts appear to be there.
    There's only 3 on eBay and they are between 7 and 10k and I found one on mcn for 5k all in very good nick! He wants 2.5k for this one.
    Just wondering if the engine can be shoe horned in to an nsr250 frame? Or weather it's worth buying and rebuilding to sell on? Are they that rare?

Cheers deano

2. They are advertised for 7 to 10k but I'm not convinced they ever sell for that.10k is treading on the toes of 500 gamma wedge. I don't know much about the NS 400s but hopefully someone will pop along to help, but 5 to 7k seems more like it?

3. PS, why would you want to shoehorn the V3 in to the 250 chassis? Not as if the 400 was much heavier or anything?

4. I recently restored one, and sold it on. To be honest, they are pretty cool bikes. Chassis and suspension is great, they drive so well. Aftermarket exhausts are a must as they sound like 3 ducks farting otherwise. Piston rings are the main problem as they are NLA, meaning that you end up having to replace pistons and rings, and having rebores/replates done. SEP kegworth can do the cranks, but you have to slightly modify the recess in the crank cases to fit the bearing pins.
    Original bodywork is getting hard to find and very pricy.. The engine is only about the same power as NSR250 anyway (which is a much better engine) so no real reason to put the engine in to NSR250 frame. The man for parts is Ian Wright at classic race replicas. A nice one, realistically is 6k. Usable average condition 4k.

5. Here is the one I restored. Fitted cbr600 front and cbr250rr rear wheel, ohlins remote adjust/reservoir damper, JHA exhausts. Was a lovely bike. Sold
    It and started restoring my 500gamma

20150723_125120.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Great little bikes, always enjoy taking mine out for a Sunday blast. Gets a fair bit of attention when you park up at the cafe.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information