1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Number Board, Or Not To Number Board...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gav4R, Feb 6, 2019.

1. You do realise there’s some fella out the back scoping out your gaff and photographing it! Now you’ve captured him on film you may want to tell the Gards.

Just jealous. ;) It (and the bikes) look fantastic.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. It’s weird really as I like the white on the tail and nose, but back in the day 80s Ferrari F1 were all red with just the race number white and a few sponsors logos on the lower sills, they looked stunning and yet now Ferrari F1’s have an area of white on the body work and I think it ruins it..

But yes white number board for me.. x

• Like Like x 1
  3. Go with a board. 998s 81.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. That's a question I asked myself quite a number of times (even if I don't have the bike :) ); I go back and forth, but I think I tend to prefer no front white board if the bike has the road standard setup with dual front lights, mirrors etc... Front board looks best in a racing setup with no light nor mirror IMHO, looks kind of little "strange" to me otherwise for lack of better words (that's may be the too "busy" lines it makes with lights messing with the board shape, + mirror... kind of goes away from the purity of the lines).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is that an age appropriate bin? If so, well done you. Respect. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. it just happened to be the closest one.
    psst its not actually a bin its a tandoor

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't understand... where do you keep your half-done projects, your piles of bits and all the other crap that seems to fill my garage up and stop it looking amazing like that? :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I love your winky fairing. :)

9. You are lucky I take on 1 year projects that take 6 weeks because I'm an obsessive moron nothing happens quick enough but I do love the process and the end job !! I'll give you a clue about all the crap !!! See the stairs

10. Your garage is still lovely... moron or not! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. No board on my present 748, used to have a board on my old one and like both. Don't think there's a wrong answer here and as others have said, you can always peel it off (or if you're Richy McRichface then a new top cowl from Ducati is £400 and you could have one painted on and keep your original fresh).

B7191332-FE44-40AE-89ED-F6C550A1E1FD.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yes go for the number Board, it is a race rep. after all, but no number, that is boy Racer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. No number board for me leave it as is.
    Looks alot cleaner.

Henk!!!

14. Can anyone recommend a number board for the rear? My 998 came with a slightly shoddy aftermarket monoposto tail. I'm on the hunt for a used factory tail, but in the meantime I'm keen to see what it looks like with a white tail. Any recommendations?

15. Personally I think leave it as it left the factory... I reckon they know what they're doing :)
    DSCN1316.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheers Kev, but my 998 isn't very factory.. it doesn't even have the right forks! Seriously though, it's red everything: red front fender, red airbox, red tail. It's just a bit much for me... if it was a low-mileage minter I'd leave it alone, but that's not really the case with mine!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes of course, its a race replica so make it look like one !!!

18. Number board for me every time. But, vinyl so you can remove.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. def the number board but removable one. im a purist but am hunting one for my 749 for exactly the same 'balance' reasons

issue is that the ones commonly available are too fussy and have too much other fru fru on them

20. ducati996rs.jpg i like my bikes with the skirt off!!

a front number board for racing! the rest of the time i run fairings with no id on them at all!!
    it makes if all the better when i put a numberplate on one of my race bikes!! (shhhhh)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information