1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numberplates Made

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by toddy2, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Hi All,
    After picking up a 748S, I need to get a couple of plates made, as a previous owner has cut down the original so there is no border left. I'd like to get one made to keep its originality and the obligatory smaller one for on the road.
    Does anyone know where I can source a period plate made with correct font style and dealer details at the bottom?
    Thanks in advance

2. Plenty on Ebay.

3. Thanks all but I'm after replica original dealer plates

4. Where was it first registered, why not speak to the registering dealer, they should be able to make you some plates up?

5. The law regarding the making of licence plates has probably changed since your 748 was first registered. Even if the orginal supplying dealer is still in business he will have had to register to continue issuing licence plates. As soloman suggests, look up the supplying dealer. He will however need to see the bike’s V5 in your name and a photo ID like a passport or photo drivers licence with the same address as the V5. He is not allowed to do anything else under current law. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information