1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurburgring - Hit By Car At 105mph, Went Dirtbiking And Barrier Riding!

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, May 8, 2017.

1. RBN?

2. RBN isn't me

3. I meant the Facebook group (Real Bikers Nod). The video did the rounds on there and a fair few people also had the misconception that Royal was in the wrong.

4. Ah sorry, I am not a member of that group. Can't remember which feed I found it on.

The thread I read was the same. I think most of them were American.

5. And most weren't aware that it's technically a road. Lots of "you shouldn't use your mirrors on track so he couldn't have seen him coming" bollocks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I coach a lot of americans (albeit on 4 wheels), jeez they are bad at driving. If the 2 wheel mob are anything like the above god help us .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

7. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised? They can't spell colour or pronounce aluminium. No wonder they can't drive or forget who they are supposed to be shooting at.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well, we can't all be from Leicestershire or Warwickshire or Gloucestershire or Worcestershire. Can we.

9. Insane skills save, the kind that makes a legend of you. That going to be an all time top viewed ring video.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I must admit it's amazing how many of the dumb comments came from over the pond; some really bizarre ones. Also the amount of people who are convinced it's kmh and not mph is ridiculous, even after I've reminded them it is my bike and I bought it in the UK!

Haha I'll be able to live off this war story for years :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Originally read the story on BTG, didn't think to check in DF http://www.bridgetogantry.com/video...survives-160kmh-push-and-two-barrier-impacts/

Pity about Bren passing on the ring a few days later, nice write up from Dale on BTG http://www.bridgetogantry.com/today-we-lost-a-good-guy-at-the-ring-and-we-need-to-fix-that/ We used to stay at Bren's in the "olden days" before the ring got over popular.

I quite enjoy reading dumb comments, especially from the stretched turbo Busa types who know better and can outride anything. Internet experts :)

I admire how you're taking on board mature comments and processing to further enhance your risk awareness, which I'm sure is already spidey strength. We can all learn no matter how old, I did last year at Jerez when following one of the No Limits guys when he suddenly swerved on the main straight, as it turned out to avoid a rider slowing down on the right(? we all know to pull left if there's a problem). In the fraction of a second it took me to process why the NL guy served I got close to rear ending the slowing rider and had to use the grass as an escape route. Watching a video of it later helped me process how to avoid such an incident in the future (don't follow a rider you're catching, look for a clear view far ahead as possible).

12. Hey, you missed Cheltenham. You know, home of the Cheltenham Average (chav).

13. People know how to spell Cheltenham : o )

14. Hey Loz
    Dontcha mean Lanarkshire or Perthshire or Aberdeenshire or Shetlandshire?

15. Some of us can ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. No, I mean Lestershur, Warkshur, Glostershur or Wustershur.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Yeah that's really sad news about Bren. I didn't know the guy but he'd actually commented on my video giving me a ticking off for going for the gap that wasn't there only a few days before and I had looked him up to see who he was. Everyone had a lot of respect for him and said he's a really nice guy but often misunderstood and flamed for his comments. I'm probably more obsessed (and narcissistic :) ) than most but I think it's really important to analyse your riding and the situations you are in as much as possible. Certainly in this case it's a complete waste of time trying to argue whose fault it is as if I had made the right decision I would not have been in that position in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information