1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 Sensor Eliminator Query

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by gazzaevs, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hi guys,
    New to the forum, just fitted a Leo vinci Decat pipe to go with the 2-1-2 termis, and have unplugged the o2 sensor, just want to fit a sensor eliminator plug instead of the sensor but the one on the e-bay site I'm looking at, the picture of the plug looks different to my connector and supplies two? I've added a photo of the ones for sale, any help is appreciated, don't want to order if they aren't correct.

IMG_00000489.png

2. I fitted these to my Monster 1100S - they worked a treat.
    What type of Hyper have you got? If it's an 1100 I would expect there to be two sensors like the Monster.

3. Hi rickyx, thanks for the reply, yes it's an 1100 59 plate, the eBay site said two plugs would be supplied, where do they go? I disconnected the standard o2 sensor plug (photo below) bjt unsure of what or where to go from there?

IMG_00000490.jpg

4. That's the wrong connector.
    Not sure where the O2 sensors are located on the Hyper however, you need to trace the wires back from the sensor in each exhaust header. Once you find the end of each of those wires, you will find a square block connector on each one. Unplug the connector and plug in the eliminator you have bought to each one.
    On the Monster they were located on the inside of the right hand subframe rail.
    Hope this helps.
    R

5. Get the Lambda(s) disabled in the ECU, remove it/them and install blanking plate(s).

6. thanks guys, ive already ordered the sensor eliminators but appreciate the info chrisw, thanks Rickyx for the help, will look for the plugs in a bit more depth!

7. that looks like the wrong plug mate. is that where the lambda sensors were attached to?

8. Depends on year/bike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. That's the plug coming from my cat!!! The flatter plug!! The picture below it of the square plug is what the sensor eliminator I ordered will fit, haven't found one of them yet!

10. Damn! Thanks for the info chrisw, hmmm, what to do? Any negatives to reinstalling the O2 sensor into my decat pipe for now, or do you think I should just do the deed with the bazzaz? Is this what you've installed?

11. Are you running a DP ECU? The lambda should be disabled if you are. You will know as there will be no Engine Light error on the dash. If not then the easiest way is to disable the lambda in the ECU. PM me for more info.

12. Hi Chris, all I know is that there is a race ecu that was fitted at the same time as the termi's. What would you suggest, start it and see whether the error light comes on? If it does, will it go out if I reconnect the sensor, or would I need to have a dealer turn it off then?

13. If you do get a light it will go when you reconnect. If you have the race ECU then the lambda should be disconnected. If it does work then buy some 18mm blanks and take the lambda(s) out.

14. Sorry to hijack your thread Gazza but i'm after a pair of those sensor plugs for my 796 motard if you have no need for them any longer. If you wish to sell them on PM me.

Cheers

15. You are a top man mossy! Will def sell on to you if you want them, think they should be here by midweek, and thanks Chris, you've been a real big help, much appreciated. :)

16. Yes I certainly will. Post up or pm me once you have received them and we'll sort it out.

Cheers

17. Mine are done - didn't know there were blanking plates (my blanking plates are made out insulation tape). Got a link?

18. Just to add I would get the ecu done then you can pull the flapper valve motor as well...

19. The blanking plates are for the holes in the exhaust. I've not found a source of covers for the Superseal connectors yet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information