1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 Sensor Eliminator Query

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by gazzaevs, Jun 3, 2014.

1. The one under the swingarm is a right arsehole to get off. I had to remove my whole midsection to do the bastard thing at the weekend. You need a 22mm spanner with a bend on the end otherwise.

2. Yeah - I got those already....I thought you were talking about the other end...the wiring end....ill just stick to the sticky tape, for the moment.

3. If the sensors are disabled either by using the DP ECU, or by disabling them via an ECU reflash, then you simply leave everything unplugged. The DP kit came with covers to go over the connectors in the wiring loom to cap them off, but tape works just as well :)

4. Yeah - sorry - getting off on the wrong foot....mines already been dyno'd and done, o2 sensors are marked offline (and physically removed) - I was just looking for a tidy way of covering the loom end...

#25 comfysofa, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  5. ***thread hijack ****

Hi, just thought it would be approppriate to post up here. After successfully buying Gazzas redundant eliminator plugs (shout out to gazza - top bloke sorted it out real quick) I can recommend the eliminator plugs.

The difference is night and day. Took about 3 minutes to fit and no more partial throttle surge or lumpy low end. An added, and unexpected bonus, is that my butt dyno says that there is a little more poke with half to full throttle at low revs when compared to stock. I've spent a lot more on other bikes in the past to get results like this. Either way - big grin

Mossy out

6. That's cool - good to know theres an alternative out there - can you post a link for other's benefit....

Thanks for chipping in....

7. I've just got the eliminator plugs themselves and not the bungs which fit on to the header pipe. The probes remain in place at the moment thought they are deactiviated.

**update to my post of 17/06/14 - Engine fault light has been flickering on and off randomly. I thought that the eliminator plugs were meant to rectify this? - anyway, I have removed and refit the plugs and also unplugged and refit the EFI/ECU cable and the light has remained off for an entire ride since so hopefully it has sorted itself out.

8. Sorry about reviving this ancient post, but did you ever figure out what causes the engine light to intermittently do that?
    Nobody commented after you mentioned it wasn't going quite as well as you'd thought at first.

Mine is the same.. Looking for a better fix that isn't ECU based, purely because of cost.

Oddly, I'm not noticing any throttle difference when mine comes on. It usually turns off again while I'm waiting at a light.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information