1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Observations Of This 996 Please

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Justatad, May 8, 2019.

1. He's very quiet though :thinkingface:

2. Oh, bidding ended :thinkingface:

3. I don’t think there’s anything amiss he bought it quite reasonably priced tidied it up and thought he should make a few quid on it ,if somebody wants to buy it they do if they think it’s too much don’t buy it

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Apparently so, yes

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I really cant see much wrong with this at all? As said above the chap bought it and saw that he could add value to the bike by getting shot of the horrid stickers and cleaning it up, ready for the next buyer. It was originally a public sale, so anyone could have bought it and done the same, as is the current sale. If you want it, great, if you dont, next.

Only thing that bothers me is that he is trying to make out its a better buy than an SPS, as it has an SPS engine and is rarer!
    Does it have the CR box of an SPS? Genuine question, I dont know the differences between an S and the SPS.. Does it have titanium rods and twin injector?

#45 Messer, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. Nothing wrong with flipping, the thing that would worry me is the original sellers honest with the faults but no mention by the flipper. He's either fixed all mentioned or not mentioning the faults previously mentioned.

Another hobby I used to have was a very small group as such so when something like this happens, it's not unexpected for forum members to notice it, nor when a member asks for help, to be helpful.

7. I'd ceretainly hope that he has fixed all mentioned faults rather than ignoring them..

8. He could tell us, as he’s reading this thread, but he has chosen not to :thinkingface:

9. Do the faults need fixing? Its not as if it's a new bike.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Don’t even know what they are, didn’t even read the original advert. If they are important they should have either been mentioned or rectified in my opinion.

11. Scratches etc...

12. Oh, then thats surely up to the buyer to decide if they are happy or not with it. Personally, I always highlight things like that in my advert for transparency as people can travel a lot of miles to see something

• Like Like x 1
  13. The sps has a lighter crank, and different cams to the S, yes the S as ti rods but it's definitely not an sps engine.

14. And does the s have the CR gearbox

15. Not sure on the gear box but won't have the cams.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Auction ended at £7800
    Nice £1100 turnaround profit for him within a few weeks

17. I did ask him a sensible question but alas no reply.

18. No

Do Not Sell My Personal Information