1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off To West Bay Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Cant wait! Proper ride, 6hr round trip, in the sunshine. Either ice cream or fish & chips on/by the beach. Hoping crowds will not be there given its a Tuesday.

A & B roads there and A and M5 bike.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Via Cookies on the way home for a coffee

:upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nice spot.

4. Was there again yesterday evening. The bike parking area was busy.

5. Excuse my ignorance, but this could be a trip for me when I've sorted out my licence problems, but where exactly is West Bay?

6. The only West Bay I know is in Dorset, not that far from Weymouth. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It is today.

8. Dorset south coast

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thx. I imagine that's it.

10. Traffic and roads pretty slow and shit south of batch and that’s on a week day and with partial lockdown!

11. upload_2020-6-23_12-20-31.png

85 miles from me so looks good - although the Welsh mountains may pip it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. What’s the Panzer like after the first service is out of the way?
    Are you allowed the full rev range now?

13. You were anyway tbf. Gearbox more agricultural. Put that down to thicker oil til it beds in.

Have used auto ride height, dynamic damping and dynamic electronics for the first time today. Quickens and stiffens everything, like sport mode on a multi. Quite a difference
    Almost 6 hrs riding and still able to walk ;) 220 miles and I had to fill up again 5 miles from home. 18l.

Boy am I rusty!!! Normally fairly smooth...not today!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Are you allowed into the Welsh mountains yet?

15. No, or that’s where I would have gone. Welsh roads, mid and south not north, can’t be beaten for type, quality and emptiness :upyeah:

#15 bradders, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 6hrs 220 miles? seems a long time in the seat:confused:

17. It was. Basemap had me 3 times around Bath :rolleyes: wasting 15 min but otherwise mostly speed limit. South of Bath is just traffic, white lines and tedium. Zumo estimated 2’ 50 and google maps 3’ 15

back was as quick as poss on m5 then cruise control at 80 home. 2’ 40

18. And no stops either way, just a drink and bag of seaside chips when I got there

• Like Like x 1
  19. I remember them well.

20. Great to see your getting saddle time again,on any motorcycle for that matter,these things are like itches and just need scratching.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information