1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off Topic Replies To Posts In Oh-so-serious Threads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Loz, Apr 21, 2015.

1. It's a hand bag, we decided and it's policy remember.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Sorry, forgot. Carry on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  3. meh, somebody else will take over, way of the world, market forces and all that.
    i is more concerned for poor wee noob having to go looking for a new supplier for his soft play equipment.

4. ok.
    repeat after me, hello German car, good bye money.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Creamy - going through my posts giving me hundreds of drama queens in a day while you are supposed to be working from home is being a proper Queen Llama Drama Queen

cream_revenge.png

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. That's 337 disagrees and counting Creamy in less than an hour :joy: and you haven't done this one yet :eyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I think I have broken Creamy - that 500 disagrees and counting in the last 90 miutes :joy:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Good old Elise. Love him, hate him ... you just can't agree with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You must admit its Olympic level pettyness.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Agree :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Agree :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. DI has done this to me in the past. Raised the premium by a substantial amount (no change in my circumstances), and when I asked them to revisit the quote, they raised it again. No explanation for their behaviour. This kind of thing is not just a DI quirk, they all do it.

In the absence of a reasonable explanation, I concluded that this was further evidence of the anti-competitive nature of the motor insurance industry, which is run as a straight-ahead cartel under the protection of the government.

Anti-trust law forbids competing businesses from "carving up" the customer base in an artificial way. People are meant to be able to chose their service provider from a range of genuinely competitive businesses.
    By manipulating the cost of a service in a non-transparent way, in order to direct customers away to other members of the cartel, they break anti-trust regulations. The cartel has these arrangements whereby customers are re-directed periodically in order to prevent the free-for-all that would ensue from genuine competition and a price war. Many brokers and under-writers would go out of business if this came to pass. Because the pool of customers is so large and because the government gives people no option but to use the services of insurance companies, the insurer cartel has arranged for all of their members to have a place for their snout in the trough. I mean, it's not like any drivers can opt out of motor insurance, is it?

The situation is crooked and it stinks.

Thank you everyone who read this before this post was taken down.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. these being yer second
    upload_2018-3-16_14-22-42.jpeg

14. You and AC need to stop spending so much time together.

15. deffo.
    dirty AC dirty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shut it, Bully Boy : o p

17. :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dudes... you are talking about me behind me back.... what did I do?

19. @finm? Over to you!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information