1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offer Of Organised Ride - South Of France

Discussion in 'Touring' started by The Royal Maharaja, May 13, 2020.

1. Thinking of a trip to Corsica, so keeping it just UK and France, some time in September. Early days as last Sunday's announcement scuppered a group tour to Scotland which was a replacement for a tour to Switzerland, both end of June. Corsica will just be me and maybe a couple of other bikes at most.

Grant, how does the ferry from Toulon compare to the one from Nice? Price, duration, frequency? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice run. Some impressive roads there. Just short of Ventoux

3. Got room for one more to Corsica????? haha.

I did the some of the best riding of my life there about 4-5 years ago..great place for bikes, really amazing. Personally I would go from Toulon, shorter duration of boat trip. TBH it's amazingly easy...take boat..go to sleep..wake up in Corsica, I actually took a camping mat and sleeping bag and slept under the main stairwell - you need to grab the space quick as people know this the best free comfortable spot! It really isn't expensive at all for bikes, and they are professional about bikes. https://www.corsica-ferries.co.uk/

I did Scotland on a KTM 990 a couple of years back and on a 999 last year..beautiful! Camped on Sandwood Bay...only person there..amazing. I did mean to make a post of the trip on here, but never got round to it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I'm genuinely touched by the thanks and positive response from everyone. If there is one thing I have realised more than ever during this crazy period is that life is short and we should share great moments at every opportunity...everything else is part of the crap of validation of self-worth through comparing and measuring. (Education?..Social norms?) So even if it is months down the line..the offer stands. Beer (wine actually) included!

Cheers
    Grant

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. I offered the same thing a few years back in the Dordogne area. Have seen a few people, but not many on a Ducati. I do have plenty of Irish bikers, mostly on BMWs visiting. They tend to fall in love with the municipal campsite at St Leon.
    I have spent weeks showing people around the area by bike, not as a business in any way, just to give back to the biking community.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Nice Bob, if I at some point make it up your way, I'll give you a shout.
    Cheers
    Grant

7. Code Postal is 24580 mate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It needs to go via Belgium for the beer, eh @Robarano ?

9. ...make sure you pick me up in South of France BEFORE Belgium!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maybe come back via Belgium and you can come that far......plus Belgium to Blighty with a hangover is not so bad as Belgium to south of France

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Is the campsite naturist? ;-)

12. Cracking offer there. My first trip out of the county on a bike was down to the south of France on my sv1000. Stopped off in a small town think it’s called Castile and León some party town and full of bikes

2FC71BFD-6758-4395-BE5A-809409D56DBE.jpeg

74327956-5259-49B3-8A4F-50FCD399A284.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. I did the overnight ferry back from Corsica to Marseille and it was fine. We got a cabin for three of us and it's worth it if you can. You arrive nice and early in the morning so I did up to Troyes in one go and home the next day (the others lived in Germany).

Corsica is superb for bikes, I think I still have the gpx routes, so send me a PM if you want them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. BUMP! - still dry here!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not dry in this part of France, had rain on and off for 3 days now. Should bring the mushrooms up in the woods, yum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Still love to make this trip but can‘t while the dreaded quarantine is in place. Not confident it will end before the winter takes hold.

Probably 2021 now before I can make this trip.

17. Heavy on off rain here in Provence last three days. Not a lot of bikes about! Next year before it will truly pick up all being well

18. Rain here, just up the road from Bob.
    ....funny enough, just been out collecting mushrooms!

19. Where about are you in the south?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information