1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offer Of Organised Ride - South Of France

Discussion in 'Touring' started by The Royal Maharaja, May 13, 2020.

1. I live just a tiny bit North of Toulon in the hills, but also work in Nice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Don't be shy...offer stands.
    We are travelling in the summer (Aug/Sept), but if around, the door is open. :upyeah:

Cheers
    Grant

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m sure it’s the situation with which country is at what colour that’s making the forum massive reluctant to commit and not your choice of after shave. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. France. Fully vaccinated. Clear covid test. Ok. No quarantine. Your/our problem is in the other direction atm.
    I plan on visiting family and friends in UK in August. Mates heading this way September.

tbh the UK is fucking people over. Amber list? Really? Meanwhile G7 summit with how many people, police and nationalities?, because that would be impossible by modern video link...:joy: wool firmly over eyes folks.
    Kick off. Vaccinated? Do it!

5. Unfortunately, our failure to impose restrictions on travel into the U.K. early in this pandemic and this newer variant from India seems to have had the effect of us restricting sooner rather than later.

I’m not particularly interested in what’s happening in Free Cornwall that’s just another nonsense, whereby the G7 will pretend to care about what the evil ‘insert this years bogeyman’ is doing in the world.

The U.K. haven’t kicked off about anything in decades, probably the last and only effective kick off I’ve ever seen were the Poll Tax riots. Only others before them were Toxteth, Brixton, Handsworth, Bristol riots back in the early Eighties.

6. Surely, @ Royal, you should be looking at the world through new glasses recently with your thoughts about where you want to be? UK has turned into a complete cluster**ck.
    If my mates cannot escape later in the year, I might be in touch for some local to you ride out guidance. I do know the area, but not like you do!
    We have Pyrenees planned, but two need to parachute in to mainland Europe soon for the invasion to be a success o_O:mask:

7. For sure. But if I can't have the life I would like by moving right now, maybe at this very moment at least, I can enjoy what is available and on my doorstep, and to share that if at all possible...Though the offer isn't/wasn't selfish though.. just sharing moments in life. (sorry had a couple of glasses!!!) :) :beer::beer::beer:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I heard in the radio yesterday that if you are visiting friends in France you now have to have permission from the local department. This is due to is being out the EU not a Covid rule. Statement was made by a journalist with an interest in Brexit. You may want to check that out

UPDATE
    https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...xit-france-visit-friends-family-b1849588.html

30 euro to register

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. News to us.
    But there are a lot of ‘rules’ that get ignored. Official line is proof of vaccination, negative test. Thats all.

10. Had my second covid jab in Perigueux yesterday, now feel invincible. Just got the bikes out for a ride to Sarlat for the market and lunch out.
    Will head for the Pyrenees in July for a few days as it is only half a days gentle ride away.
    Sorry guys.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Been out on the 900 this morning/afternoon..gorgeous out. New fully perforated summer jacket already in use!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Two tanks of petrol yesterday. Warm here too :upyeah::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. In Provence since 21/05. As always no one seems vey concerned about rules. Vaccinated before I left, PCR in Uk followed by PCR 7 days later in Carpentras. 31 deg. Superb riding weather, lots of bikes about very few passing tourists in wobble boxes. Cool nights and mornings. Restaurants very happy to see business.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information