1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Dear Norton... I Sincerely Hope This Is An Error

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by JH_1986, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I really have no idea/clueless what ducati start at pricewise:thinkingface:

2. We already done this....

3. Lot of people jumped in there!, I saw one comment stating “no development “, 4 new models and a race team, no development?, most of the delivery issues are historical, how many times does Garner have to apologise for that?, I admit I can’t really see how Garner is doing all of this, I know he got a multi million pound grant from the government, ostensibly to set up a training school/apprenticeship scheme, but I think he must’ve sunk a lot of his personal fortune into keeping it going over the last few years, evidently they now have a licensing deal with a Chinese manufacturer that I’ve heard is very lucrative, personally I wish Garner and team all the luck in the world and it’s a shame that people are so quick to stick the boot in IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Mmm, but what do you think his customers with deposits paid would have thought when companies house had to disclose - a bit of a poor do to be fare :thinkingface: if you owned the company would you have done that :thinkingface: I wouldn't have :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. There hasn't been that much engineering development the basic Commando design was bought in from a previous owner owner a Canadian chap I think and isn't the V4 basically an Aprilla V4
    The bikes look superb and I hope they get through this

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I have an affinity for Norton's ever since I had an intimate relationship with the Commando twins I raced in the 70's.

When i look at them today they're still the same basic design a pushrod twin probably still 2 valves with a starter motor and some Ohlins thrown at them. so in my eyes unbelievably overpriced.

At least Triumph weren't re launching 60's twins.

Despite my history with Norton's I can't warm to this new company.

TB

7. I took their commando engined Dominator for a test ride, evidently they had to do a lot of improvements & redesigns to improve on what they had taken on, tbh I wasn’t very impressed, it makes about 80bhp and vibrates like a jackhammer, the basic engine design just doesn’t cut it, the phrase “making a silk purse from a sows ear” springs to mind, the V4 they race with is an Aprilla, there road bike V4 and derivative parallel 650 twins aren’t, I haven’t ridden the V4 but according to Adam child’s MCN it’s impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I didn't think it had been an Aprilia V4 for years now. They started with the Aprilia whilst developing their own but the engine they currently use is very different to the Aprilia and entirely their own

9. Yes, must’ve scared a few people, especially with the hysterical/uninformed reaction on various forum’s (not so much on this forum strangely) anyway a storm in a teacup happily for those buyers, I guess the lessons learnt is , get the facts before dashing to the keyboard ! :)

10. Agree the road engine has little to do with the Aprilia but there race bike still uses the Aprillia.

11. I have a deposit down so a little worrying. I think they have done a fantastic job developing; their V4 engine and bike; the new Atlas range (very affordable) and thought the bikes looked great at the bike show.

• Like Like x 2
  12. My two penny’s worth.

I have a small IT business (16 employees). I got a letter from Companies House 2 months ago saying the company name was going to be dissolved because I hadn’t informed them that the company was still operating under this name.

Apparently this has to be done every so many years (we’vebeen in business for 5 years now and this is the first reminder).

I’d tend to believe Norton when they say it’s sn oversight as it could easily be missed!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Likewise I have a deposit down for a super light in two minds whether or not to pull the pin . Been thinking of putting money to the aniversario and buying a v4r .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Corporate/management speak :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Also on SkyNews today regarding Brexit of all things, was a Remainer now a Leaver.

16. Morgan management know their market really well. They’ve just sold out and taken the money and run

Do Not Sell My Personal Information