1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Well.... Desmo Service Time

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AmalfiCoast_1198s, Jan 19, 2020.

1. lovely area to ride around

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I said before that my bike had been neglected.... today the (official Ducati) head mechanic called and said that my bike was supposed to have gone in for a recall for a fork problem, in 2009 and that it was never done! They have changed the part still under warranty at no cost to me, 11 years on, I think that’s very good service as I’m the third owner and I wasn’t responsible for the bike when the recall was issued.
    I’ll be collecting the bike next week I hope

• Like Like x 10
  3. I had my desmo service done couple of years ago. Not at a main dealer but Louigi Moto (best man for the job in my opinion). He includes a fuel tank service and he strips and services the clutch. He also checked my valve clearances. Yes it was a hefty bill!!!
    But the smiles are worth every penny. I think I’m addicted to riding it also. I tell my wife it’s still cheaper than paying a drug dealer

34099F47-2CDA-45D5-8CE4-EC41DD28DC22.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. I don't think there is a time limit legally on recalls :thinkingface:

5. Don't you've a direct RED line to the factory.;)

6. Indirect :no_mouth:

7. I'm going to report you to the RSPCA.:eek:
    Taube_vor_Scheßlitz_(cropped).JPG

8. Certainly is & a straight six too boot.

9. And I’m very happy for that... it’s just that another official Ducati workshop did some work on it and they never noticed the recall hadn’t been done so it came as a surprise....

10. So I just picked up my bike, I think I was very lucky. In addition to the Desmo service I had my own list of work/complaints with the bike

Clean all electrical connectors, check every mm of wire for damage etc replace as necessary,
    Check starter system because it was difficult to start sometimes,
    Check clutch system because it slips a bit sometimes but is only 3,000km old
    Remove aftermarket gear indicator

No wires were needed to be replaced but everything electrical was cleaned, the clutch was just full of dust, nothing at all was found to be wrong found with the starting system. They replaced the belts, sparkplugs (extremely dirty), air and oil filter, two valves were quite out of spec and adjusted and the throttle bodies cleaned, now it starts amazingly well.

Everything including parts labour and vat (Italian vat is 22%). came to €650, I thought it would be much more. I made a nice 140km ride home, autostrada and twisting roads and the bike is even more unbelievable now, so smooth, ridiculously powerful, scary brakes an amazing character in general, I really love this machine and I’m very grateful to own it.

D8A75BB1-7604-401D-BB49-5FDB75A50FA6.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  11. Well done Amalfi - you want to post your dealers name and address on here as many will want that kind of service at that cost :D

12. Yes no problem, it is called Motoshop 2000, the Capua branch. I can help with translations/introductions, if needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Campania is is a long way to go for a service!

14. Nice ride though :D

15. 041BF30C-F4E8-4D6B-972A-C423D6439786.png
    That probably is a nice ride but it’ll have to go some to beat the ride up the A38 from Derby to Cornerspeed at Sutton in Ashfield, passing through areas of national beauty such a Huthwaite, the occupants of which I believe are the subject of special scientific interest, here’s a photo of Huthwaite petrol station, it’s not even on fire, beautiful!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Is it snowing? :thinkingface:

17. Foggy I think :bucktooth:

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. How much for diesel :bucktooth:

19. Don’t know, I’ve never dared slow down in Huthwaite, anyway what’s diesel?

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information