1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Ohlins Du505 Rear Shock Needs A Replacement Spring

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Android853sp, Oct 22, 2020.

1. The Ohlins S46DR1 (DU 505) shock I recently acquired for our Icon has a spring, reference : 61091-39 (110N/mm) fitted but after an unnecessarily tedious search of the Ohlins web site, it looks like spring, reference : 61091-31 (95N/mm) was the standard OE spring for a 2016MY. After much wasted time, further searching on various internet sites, I have been unable to find a link to a reference table that lists replacement springs (with their spring rate), to choose something more appropriate to a rider weighing about 65Kg in kit (65N/mm ?). Before I resort to picking the phone up, has anyone else already been here and come up with an answer ? Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. As long as the DU505 spring is the same length and internal diameter it should be relevant.

For information: I needed a heavier rated spring for the Matris shock on my Scrambler and got one made to order from from South Yorkshire Springs for £25+VAT. They don't do yellow though which didn't bother me as the shock isn't an Öhlins.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information