1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Ohlins Rear Shock Fitted

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Android853sp, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Hi Andy,

About to go down the Ohlins rear shock route myself. Curious about the front end, did you mess around much to get it sorted after fitting the Ohlins? or were the recommended settings OK?

2. A lot of miles done since the shock was fitted and Carole is now asking more of the bike than the OE front end has to offer. I’ve tried several adjustments with little success so on advice, the current plan is to fit progressive springs matched to her weight and use 5 weight fork oil instead of the 7.5 weight OE stuff. She says it feels like she is riding a pneumatic drill over rough tarmac so if that doesn’t work will have to splash out on the Andreani cartridge kit which gets good write ups but costs about £540 + workshop time. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Andy,
    a quick thank you for setting up my forks a couple of months back, you had gone when I got back from my ‘settings’ test (basically the same mechanical settings as Carole’s) and I can confirm it is much more compliant whilst removing the excessive dive under had braking that I was suffering which was the aim.
    Already running 5.0 weight oil + 5mm air gap.
    Now just that Ohlins rear to resolve (bucks like a bronco over big bumps) but at least I now have faith that this can be dialled out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pleased I was able to share settings that made a positive difference. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information