1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ohlins Steering Dampner Fitted To Multi 1260s

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by cozmo1589, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hi ya'll. Thought you might be interested to see my 1260S now boasting a Ohlins Steering Dampner. The bike rode fine prior but had the Ohlins Shock sitting about and so decided to buy the mounting kit and wack it on. Looks the business and hopefully will reduce risk of an incident of sorts sometime in the future fingers crossed??

IMG_20190330_044101.jpg IMG_20190329_173814.jpg IMG_20190329_173832.jpg IMG_20190329_173930.jpg

2. would it have not been easier to by the genuine parts from the enduro and fit it? probably a lot cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Like I said in the intro, I already had this Ohlins Dampner (from a bike I sold already) so I only had to buy the mounting kit which came to around £150.00 ish so given the fact that I didnt have to buy everything means I spent about 1/3 of what the whole set up would have been

4. Not sure about the tank mount for the bracket. Doesn't the tank, and it's shroud, have flexible mounts? Added to which, as a sports tourer, personally I'd be using the same location to mount a tank bag.

Thought the 1260 had resolved the potential head shake with a longer swing-arm. Mine seems really planted but then I haven't really explored it's limits yet (if I ever will...).

How are you getting on with the Puig screen? One of those made a monumental improvement on my last bike, an MV Turismo. So got one for the 1260 and was disappointed with the continued buffeting to the extent that the original one went back on with some of Jamie's spacers.

5. Well the fixing of the bracket seems sturdy enough. I have not put this on because of any head shake and the bike thus far is solid as a rock. I was just looking at the Ohlins Dampner on the shelf of my garage and thought thats a waste sat there and next minute ordered up the kit and fitted it on. Yes you can't have a tank mounted bag but for me, I do not need one. The screen was a bit of an improvement but what got rid of 85% of the helmet buffeting was by fitting a set of mounting adaptors that I discovered on this forum which lifts the screen a little while pushing away from the rider a little making more air pass over the top of the rider rather than hitting them head on in the face.

6. Each to their own.

7. OK, thanks for that. Still have the Puig Touring screen and was going to put it on ebay. Have the spacers with the std screen, didn't try that combo with the Puig so might give that a shot and see if it's any better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes mate worth a go before you sell anything. Obviously different riders get different results but a higher screen tipped fwd a little is a vast improvement on the stock set up , good luck!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information