1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Oil Change

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gary 916sp, Oct 7, 2020.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. If the washer was still attached to the pre filter as well as the copper one in photo I probably would have spotted it don’t you think ??

2. The prefilter bolt head is brass, yet it seems to have a very cleary grey mating face - surely if there was nothing else there, it would still be brass...?

#43 Borgo Panigale, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  3. You get all sorts on here. Can't rule anything out.

4. 7070D856-D790-41B6-A540-1E70FA5DAB93.jpeg Are these them? 38mm od? Years ago I had a 748R and I have these still knocking about, along with some of the tiny green o rings for the qr fuel connectors.

5. I think they are the bigger ones for newer engines part no 85250051A

6. Just an observation from the picture.... it shouldn’t have a copper washer on there for a start, so anything is possible. Ducati have never used a copper washer on there. The alloy ones do get stuck on there as the sealing interface forces the alloy to distort. They’re also a different size to the sump washer but they’re close enough to get mixed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. OMG
    I am one of the all sorts the ally washer was on there I thought it was part of the filter iv had to break it to remove it it was stuck solid probably been on there since new .no wonder it’s leaking how the fuck did miss that .
    It’s my eyes and I was cock sure I even made a cocky comment about it so sorry to put that how do I feel now !!!!!
    Thanks everyone still need to order one today .

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. omg
    Sorry for my comment nelly feel a right idiot now it was so jammed on there read my comment below
    Thanks for your help or I’d probably be putting washer on a washer I can only blame my eyes
    I’m 54 this year so that’s my excuse
    Sorry and thanks again
    Gary

• Like Like x 3
  9. They're the same size alloy washers as fitted to the Bevel twins and singles dip sticks and sump strainers.
    I've got dozens of them if you're still stuck mate.
    In the past I've bought them 10 at a time from JHP's. These days the Bevel spares dealers tend to bung a few in as freebies with whatever I've ordered.

Steve R

10. Thanks Steve I’ll let you know going to check it out today and fill it with oil thanks for your help .

11. It's a bad idea to put a Copper seal/washer on there as the galvanic action between Aluminium & Copper is 'high'. Aluminium seal/washer is required.

12. Maybe that's why it leaked?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. use some 3 part gasket on it! good enough for the engine cases and heads ect good enough for the filter????

14. Ducati coventry, have never let me down.00442476335300

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information