1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Oil Consumption

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Simon Audi, Jul 25, 2015.

1. If you have a warranty service planned for a deglace, to rectify oil use; what have you got to lose by pushing the bike harder, (thrash) to get the rings to bed, if it doesnt work you still got your appointment with your local shop to have their guys (mechanics) to mess with her? but if the oil consumption is rectified, they dont need to abuse her barrels with an abrasive thingy?
    got the idea?
    Ducatis are girls? or for some they maybe boys?
    remember you shouldn't share your gun, your dog, or your girl? so best outcome is the shop doesn't mess with her guts unless they need to? ie dont get knee surgery unless your knee is shot, hope i have explained sufficiently, breakout

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Uhhhhh! nope, sorry :(
    Still lost.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. rings.JPG
    the race engines have one compression ring and one oil ring? you sure on oil ring? very interested.

#143 breakout998, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. Some clever guys on here. Should go & work for Ducati as they seem to know more than they do. When you start with them of course you will be the tea boy & will be called Knob head for a while.

5. So I was told by moto rapido ?

6. Sorry Gareth, I only speak Englandish :)

#146 Wayne58, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  7. Ok mate, thanks for trying :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think wrong? but not sure
    Ferrari F2003 piston different again has 2xcompression 1x oil but bottom compression is in same groove as oil? Titanium Rod IMG_2778.JPG

9. I would still love an opportunity like that, I push the tea cart? and wear a Senior Ducatisti badge at the museum like the old guys do in the airports and hospitals

10. You could sing the song I built it one piece at a time. Stash bits under trolly. Build bike. Sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Less overlap (TDC in) on low to medium engine revs? more TDC overlap useful as revs increase to maximum where massive vaccum come from? increase vacuum in cylinder because inlet open to late,? the airbox doesnt have additional restrictors, controlled by ecu? take the breather off the airbox and put in a bottle with open cell foam or steel wire like pads? find out how much oil is getting into the airbox?does it have a reed valve on the c/c which should reduce crankcase pressure which should reduce oil flow upwards past the rings on the induction stroke?
    Valve guide seals dont usually cause greatest oil loss at constant throttle? but these bikes loose most oil on the motorway? t must be rings or breather. Are the C/C Breathers working properly, which should be designed to cut under-piston pumping losses by closing on the return strokes to TDC (induction and compression)
    Interesting not quite understanding yet? yes thinking? you mean opening inlet valve earlier on the overrun?
    hope Ducati gives you a new V4, for the pain they avoid, if you are right!

#151 breakout998, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Should have gone to specsavers haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. yes, whatever can be adjusted to reduce overrun in cylinder vacuum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well 2750 miles on clock now. Ran in as per spec. So 2150 miles since 1st service & has not used a drop of oil. Checked it today.

15. But have you rode it down a motorway?

16. If you call the A1 a motorway yes. But most of riding is from mid country to coast on a regular basis. From plodding through villages at 30 to brisk riding but not often holding at over 7000rpm for any length of time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information