1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Oil Consumption

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AnyOldIron, Sep 23, 2018.

1. I believe that may be the case. Some people will tell you to ride it like you stole it, others swear by a gentler, more progressive and sympathetic approach. I am all for the second way.

2. So this is my oil situation. Bike has now done just over 4.5k miles.
    1st year service was done and as can be seen on my doodlings I marked the level that the oil level was filled to. After 160 miles i marked it again and it looked like it had dropped.
    Today another 210 miles and the level has dropped considerably.
    My guestimate is that with 800 miles it will have gone from maximum to minimum mark.

Screenshot_20211016-213855_Photo Editor.jpg

20211016_213135.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. So today i used a syringe to re fill the oil to the service level and it took 135mls.

#83 999nutta, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  4. Anywhere between the marks on the case is perfectly fine

5. So an update on my oil consumption.

Bike was taken to dealer towards the end of last year where it was drained and filled with a pre set weight of oil.

Bike has to be ridden for 600 miles and returned, where they weigh the drained oil.

So after 590 miles...
    So the results were it has lost 300g
    Which equates to pretty much 400mls of oil gone.

So 677mls oil needed per 1000 miles.!!
    Not impressed.
    Bike was run is meticulously as per owners hand book.
    I await Ducati's response

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. I lost about the same oil as yours. 300gr. And Ducati said this is normal. Hopefully you'd be different. It's a Hypermotard 950 by the way. Always serviced at Ducati dealer.

7. That's not good. There is no way it can be normal. That to me is excessive and not really fit for purpose on what is sold as a touring bike....as in the Multistrada. Lets see what they say

• Like Like x 1
  8. I keep a check on mine, doesn't seem to use any

Do Not Sell My Personal Information