1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Has the oil level in the window gone down ? The Testastretta has a habit of burning a little if it's even slightly overfilled. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Are you certain it is smoke and not water vapour?

3. Ah, good question - it could be fooked!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yes, about between 1/4 and 1/3 in 300 miles today, 100 on track.

5. whats that in lts?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Coolant levels never move.

I only put hand over exhaust to check because oil level dropped.

7. Few good glugs. Under 500ml at guess but I'd need to go to garage tomorrow to be more accurate.

8. If you were banging round on a track day and your bike was smoking would they not stop you to check

9. What's worse case here and % chance?

If I do a few more 100 none track miles before winter will I likely make anything worse?

10. It was No Limits, I don't think they give a flying fuck.

11. nobody would commit to answering that. unless its making unusual noises just go for it. maybe check the plugs first and note if one cyl looks darker/oilier than the other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Looks like I'll have to tell the children Santa hates them and its all their own fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. So, (not quite letting this go yet while the ales kick in), what would be an acceptable amount (ml?) Of oil to burn in a 999 doing 200 fast road miles and 100 hero-level track miles?

14. Thought (silly question?), it couldn't have blown out the vent thingy thing and stuffed itself in the airbox? I was bouncing off the rev limiter once or twice :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  15. couple of barrels, max

16. ?

17. Oil or ale, your choice

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was going to suggest checking your airbox for vented oil.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information