1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 14, 2017.

1. just out of interest but are you a fat person? the only way i can get the tyres peeling on the edges like that is when i am two up with the mrs on board.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Nah. I'm 6'2" and about 82kg in my pants (there's an image for you).

3. Come on, fess up, you look like a spaghetti in boots

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I prefer "Mr cheese string".

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nice... but a simple no would of covered it. :eyes::(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Too much hair

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. A
    Apart from that and I have a better tan, pretty close.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Random stranger on FB thinks up to 1L per 1k kms is acceptable.

9. Yeah why not?

I kinda said it earlier but these engines will use oil if you thrash them, I can honestly say that I've never had bike or car that hasn't used oil if I've trashed it (all of em).

That oil breather valve in the crankcase? Wring that engine's neck all the time and it will spew oil up through the separator and along the hoses and catch bottle, sometimes they'll do so with enough pressure that it escapes from the joint between the crankcase breather and the hose. Wipe the mess off and clean with brake cleaner, top the oil up and off you go, chances are it might not happen again for ages.

This should really be in one of the infamous oil threads but try running your bike with the oil up the Minimum level only and see how you get on.

Do pass your oil slowly through a coffee filter though, but don't worry about this oil stuff mate, it'll do your nut in.

#50 Air Duck, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Your random stranger used to race 999's no? :)

11. Really put it through a coffee filter? Not sure the wife would approve :-/

12. Apparently. But it is FB.......

13. Yes but is he fat and was he in a pub, if so must be true :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Shall I ask ?????

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. That's Fireblade or 911 territory.

16. Yeah I'm being serious mate. I don't mean pour your oil into your coffee machine, the disposable filters, conical shaped things. Put one in a funnel or whatever.

Drain your oil into a clean container from the engine, after the engine has been run around your locale for about 20mins, then slowly pour it into another container (that you'll take to the recycling centre) through the coffee filter.

All you need is a bit of patience, relatively sober hands, and less than ten minutes.

Amazing what you can see in fine-mesh filters.

If you really wanna know what's going on then send an oil sample to an analysis lab. I'd seriously only bother with that if you'd just bought or built a new race engine though.

Get some coffee filters.

I use em to look at the sediments in several fluids.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think filtering my used oil will take me to whole new areas of paranoia!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 80mls today easy riding below 8k rpm. No noticeable loss of oil level.

Can however see faint dark puffs is I rev the engine and have some sooty deposits on the exhaust exit.

Looks like a trip to Luigi Moto.

19. The dark puffs when you Rev it could be that it's rich not burning oil especially when you first start it. Does it smell like it's burning oil?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information