1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 14, 2017.

1. I'll have the swingarm

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. I’ve got a good pair of 999 pistons available.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks, I'll see what Rich says, but if I need one may give you a shout. If it goes that far I may indulge and look at some performance work.......

4. shes-dead-jim.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Might be interested if CR doesn't need em!

6. Vertical cylinder and piston gone, "de-something-or-othered". He has a used cylinder, not sure on piston, brain stopped working at the thoughts of the £££'s being flushed away.............

Recons someone's been in there before, fecking about......(wasn't me)

Valve guides also gone on both V and H exhauts.

"Hey kids, Santa hates you, it's your own fault, Christmas is cancelled".

#127 Cream_Revenge, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Crap Crap x 1
  7. What's happened mate? That description sounds a bit like woman-talk?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The coating has come off the piston and damaged the cylinder.

9. Which shop told you this?

10. Their reputation is second to none.

11. Could you have got this the wrong way round, coating come of the barrel?
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Quite likely, it all got a bit technical.....

13. That's more likely but still... there's something missing here but if CR is saying it all got a bit technical then perhaps he was in a state of distress at the possible repair costs which blocked his hearing?

What's the bill estimate CR?

14. Don't have one yet. He's pretty busy and I'm in no rush so it's off the bench at the moment. He's going to give me some options such as 'S' cams etc and costs involved.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Please don't mention oil, Fin starts painting his face white and blue and starts doing a multi millionaire Australian actor impressions

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Shit mate. Gutted for you! Especially after all the work you’ve put into it.

Ian

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ah,could be worse. At least it's top end and not a man bearing. Or something I did wrong. I kinda knew would be something like this.

18. Hate to say it (well I don't actually) but it would be wise to renew both main bearings and get the crank shimmed correctly whilst the work is happening, if that's the route you're taking (repairing the motor).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information