1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, So I Made The Critical Mistake ...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brouny851, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Right, so my son's birthday falls on 31st October and here in Aust, as I suspect over there, that also means the whole Halloween thing. So my wife's planned this big Birthday/Halloween party for that evening and was telling me what costume I'm going to wear.

She wasn't surprised when told she could forget about that and then she told me who she is going as, this bird from Suicide Squad -

Suicide squad girl.jpg

Now, my wife is blonde, and she also has the figure of a woman in her mid 40s who has had a couple of kids. The voice in my head emphatically told me to just say something completely neutral and get off topic as quick as possible.

But no,my mouth questioned the wisdom of that choice and backed it up by saying I could hardly go as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Well, I copped it from there, I don't need to spell it out, culminating in her storming off with some choice departing words.

What is one supposed to do? Let her dress up in the same gear and look completely unrecognisable as the character and frankly, a bit silly? :confused:

• Funny x 13
    • Like x 1
    • WTF x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post x 1
  2. pics of wife required

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. I'm in enough shit as it is, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Do nothing and just let it settle for a bit, let your wife think about it and she might come round to your way of thinking or maybe not, i've been married for 8 years this october and my personal experience is your damned if you do and damned if you don't, it's the classic do i look good in this dress conundrum:scream:(not me i am a MAN :joy:):upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Prepare your own meals and sort out you financials, and stash a sleeping bag somewhere :thinkingface::D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. As my late f/in law used to say " you know when you're in trouble when you get.. black looks, cold tea, swishing of skirts and slamming of doors."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It’s dress up does it really matter she won’t look exactly the same as the picture just a today’s version which could be the hairstyle makeup and a short skirt
    Men!!!! o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Play her this (and lie through your teeth):

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. That was a schoolboy error. A simple "brilliant idea" would have saved you a whole load of stress. It is only a fancy dress party after all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. You say she’s already blonde, so go with the hair bunches dyed pink and green, but you should offer to carry the baseball bat. That way no one’s going to make inappropriate or unwelcome comments!

#10 Edge_of_Town, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. "Does it really matter she won't look exactly the same as the picture"? No, but "not exactly" is not the issue. That girl is what? 55kg (~110lbs)? Remember Olivia Newton-John in that spandex/lycra (whatever) outfit in Grease? How would a middle aged woman with a ... err ... generous figure look in that? In Patsy's famous words from Ab Fab "Zeppelin in a Condom".

Well my wife's figure is probably similar to Jennifer Saunder's in that series - imagine her dressed in the outfit above! To misquote from another movie, this time Clint Eastwood famously "A (wo)man's got to to recognise (her) limitations". :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I just read your post after my initial comment.

You’re fucked mate. You may want to look at faking your own death.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. would you believe i have just watched that movie. and just read your post to my wife.
    your fucked.

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. Ditto just read it to the little lady the look on her face says the same - ya fucked gonna cost you a bloody fortune to get out that

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. She could wear a sign "Harley Quinn - 2040 version"

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Forget about it! She will get over it in a few days. Best to give her some space by having a bike ride after work tomorrow & maybe dinner with the lads at the pub Tuesday?

If you accept the guilt, this will go on far longer and you will be reminded of your "awful behavior" forever.

And another thing. Sleeping in the garage really isn't half as bad as people make out...

#16 Jez900ie, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. You could do as they do - just pretend it never happened ! Totally memory blank, next time it bought up just agree with a you will look good in that babe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Haha, hilarious! I’m not very good at these kind of things but have you thought about saying something like”Oi fatty! Stop you’re sulking! Worth a go!

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. Alcohol is the answer & lots of it

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

20. Listen to this guy.

He sounds like he could help you out here

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information