1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Ducati Or New Mv

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nostromo, May 11, 2018.

1. Hi all!
    I am stuck for choice,I currently have a diavel(Love it)But im enjoying trying out new bikes(Had a 1199 last summer and a multistrada in the winter)but i am now looking to get something nice for the summer, i currently have the choice of a straight swap for a dragster 800 or swap and 3k back for a 749s(running well but not the best cosmetically).
    Would like to know your thoughts!
    i Also commute on my bike(Short 12 mile round trip).

Cheers

2. Look
    Looks like you have no problem adapting to different motorcycle styles,carry on messing about having fun/experience on many machines as possible:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. 12 mile round trip, 6 miles one way! The oil will never get up to temperature, not good for an engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I would go with the 749S, but I'm biased because I was looking to buy a new F3 800 and decided instead to spend £6k less and get an immaculate used 848 Evo, so far I'm really happy with it, lacks the refinement of the super new stuff but has bags of character.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i always let my bikes warm up before setting off :)
    I was tempted by an 848, but i have always preferred the look of the 999/749, the main thing that is swaying me to the mv is the low milage, 1700 vs 14.7 on the 749. but the belts will be done on the 749 if i buy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Next door neighbour, first day seeing the panigale "that is a beautiful bike".
    One week later looks of detain filled with malice.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. it's a keeper then.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Had my MV 800 three yrs and done 7.5k miles and love it . Totally different to my other bike monster 796 .
    Some people have had sprag issues but then so have some duke owners .

10. They should live next door to me, 848 Evo with full system, 1199s full system and Streetfighter with termi's no DB killers in any of them.
    All 3 started up at once warming up nicely while I decide which one I am going to ride :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. I do like the look of the MV though, thought about buying one myself.
    Which one is going to be the most fun to ride hmmmmm I think the Dragster

12. Dragster is the easier bike to ride and I’d say more fun but you’ll need to use all those revs to make the most out of it

You might miss the torque if you’re used to litre plus bikes it’s quite different

Make sure it has a full service history and you’re near a good dealer or it will be misery !

I have a 3 year old RR from New with nearly 10k and not had any issues - love it :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. A Couple of minor niggles with my MV Turismo over two years and 13,000 miles but otherwise a great bike, beautifully designed and built. A good dealer is essential, especially if buying new. I use Moto Corsa near Shaftesbury, a 200 mile round trip.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That is good to know, puts my mind more at ease.
    Been reading about the sprag,if it does fail it doesn't look like too hard a job to undertake.
    Mini earthquake?
    Im thinking that, i enjoyed a short stint on a friends daytona 675(bar the horrible wirring noise....
    A ducati dealer a few miles from me just switched to mv, so that is a plus
    and the bike is a 2014 with only has 1700 Miles on it. good to hear about your mv, i was a bit worried about the reliability
    Im lucky enough to have one a couple miles away,very very tempted now, plus if i dont get on with it in the long run i can always flog it and get another twin, i will really miss the diavel, but the ground clearance on weekend blasts is killing me....

• Like Like x 1
  15. MV Agusta West Midlands I assume. 'New kids on the block' for the franchise, I believe that they took over and filled the void after the loss of MotoForza at Silverstone ad Ed Cosker near Bromyard. Will be interested to hear how you find them. Closer to me than Moto Corsa but these guys (Moto Corsa) have a long history with the marque, a lot of knowledge and good relationship with the factory so moving away from them would be far from ideal despite saving on journey time.

16. Why would you buy a bike that's "not the best cosmetically"? o_O

I understand that they can't all be show bikes, but at least aim to get a clean example of anything you buy. :motorcycleduc:

17. That's a very valid point, a couple of years down the line when you fancy a change you won't find many takers. The same also applies to women!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. The 3k would allow you to return the 749s back to rude health but if it is only to last the summer then be sold, then it seems a waste of time, so you should chose the MV.

#19 noobie, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  19. With those choices, I'd stick with the diavel :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information