1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Helmets!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sambighair, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Everything went pal

2. Maybe a go karting track or a riding school would take them

3. Keep an eye out for me in this weeks MCN !!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. C7EEB18B-8C26-4C43-A25B-1A940AFF1F22.jpeg
    When you say “any condition” ??

5. Yep...ill have it! All can be put to good use!

6. And if its yours, i hope there was no injuries when you did That!

7. Knocked out for a few minutes & a broken collarbone. Other than that all tickety boo! Helmet did it’s job though

• Like Like x 2
  8. When was this....are you all mended now?

9. Furher update for anyone who is intereted....:p
    After the mcn article I recieved a call today from a helpful chap at TranAm (a rather large helmet supplier) who has boxes and boxes of old non homologated sample lids and many crash tested ones too! They are sending me anything they would usually bin!
    I really rather chuffed at the response so far!
    Cheers guys n gals
    Sam

• Like Like x 4
  10. Great news Sam. Well done!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Great news, Sam. good to see your efforts are gaining some good momentum.

Symon - sorry to hear about the off, but glad to hear you are slowly on the mend. good luck with the x-ray results.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've not been in much lately, I've been a busy bee...but just to keep this thread up to date......
    We have donated 209 helmets with another 24 to be collected.
    The trauma training unit has extended an invitation to me to go and see first hand how and where the helmets are used so ill post pics once that's happened!

Cheers for all and any help! Please keep spreading the word!
    Sam

14. It's a bloody marvellous effort dude, it's not an obvious cause either so also raising awareness deserves kudos. Top man!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I have one in London do you still want them? But how to get it to you

16. Yep still want as many as possible, I've been trying to sort out freepost but no joy yet, if you are willing to post that would be great, alternatively whip it to a J and s accessories and ask them to send it to the openshaw store!

17. Ok I’ll try that. Is there a name / contact they can put on the box for the openshaw branch?

18. F.o.a Steve/ Daz should do it :upyeah:

19. Update. All fire stations in the northwest area have enough helmets to train with for the moment, which in itself is fantastic, so the guys I'm in contact with have put me on to the head of paramedics in my local area and we will be supplying to those guys too!
    To date we have collected and donated 311 helmets, with massive support from...
    J&S accessories openshaw
    Ducati Manchester
    Arai Europe
    Dainese Manchester
    And many others ,both private and commercial!
    Thank you Every one who's helped, donated or just spread the word.
    Cheers sam

• Like Like x 10
  20. @Sambighair - are you still wanting/collecting helmets?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information