1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Or Ex Dealerships

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 8, 2020.

1. There is a small motorbike repair and bits business on the trading estate CMC.... Chippenham.....owned and run by Mike Nickless.... A quick NGMC rider in his day.... Really quick RGV500 in the open class....

2. Anyone remember Steve Bateman..... Used to run a 900ss bevel in the BOT race and later such exotica as RS 250 open class.... He was mechanic at 3x.... Great bloke....

3. Now has his own business down somewhere near 3 legged Cross

4. All useful info that I didn't know!

5. Didn't they used to race at Keevil as well ?
    What years were you racing Gerr.

6. Yeah.. Keevil was the most used.... Really long back straight I spectated from 1980 in the area... Raced for two seasons around 95

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ah!...........just after I retired from it. Did you race with the PTMCRC or just NGMRC @Gerr ?

8. I was NGMC used to be in the RAF and knew guys who raced under RAFMSA it was those two clubs meetings usually ....

When I first started going to the NGMC meets it was Whittle Williams ...Steve Bateman .. and I think Trevor Nation etc ....

9. Just had a quick look on the website for past members ...Neil Tuxworth, Roger Burnett, Steve Parrish, Trevor Nation, Steve Patrickson, Steve Henshaw and and Mick Boddice

10. Yes, it was probably Keevil that I was thinking about. For NGMCC, I think that I practised at Hullavington and raced at Castle Combe, Keevil, possibly Staverton (Gloucester Airport) and Colerne. This would of been around 1984 AND I think that I only crashed at Keevil! I did crash at Mallory and Brands Hatch but that was with other Clubs!

I think that NGMCC had a tie-up with RAF Motor Sports and that's why they were allowed to use RAF airfields.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wroughton was the best .....on the Swindon to Avebury road

Incidentally ....part of the NGMC/RAFMSA circuit at Wroughton is used for the "Eboladrome" on the Grand Tour ....

12. Which one had the hairpin - Keevil or Colerne? That were I fell off! This forum is so good at bringing back wonderful memories!

13. Must be Colerne .....I don't think there was one at Keevil .... a 90 degree at the end of the 10 mile back straight :joy:

14. Yes my brother recognised the airfield on the Grand Tour. Now the Science Museum own it to store large exhibits.

I used to live in Wroughton and the know the road to Avebury well.

Not long after we moved to Wroughton, the eldest son of a near neighbour was killed on that road. He was driving a Triumph Stag. Weird thing was, his younger brother, then went and bought a Stag a few months later! His Mum and Dad must of had kittens every time he went out!

15. I remember getting the braking down to the last inch through practise at the end of the straight ....bit more ....bit more ...bit more ....oh ..straight on ...:joy: there was about 100 yards of tarmac run off at the end of the straight so no harm done ...

16. I must have old programs somewhere. Pretty sure that they had a circuit map. It is important that I know where I fell off!

17. I've got some in boxes in the under stairs cupboard ......I aint going in ....

18. I didn't go straight on! I was stupid enough to try and make the corner!

19. IMG_20200810_121846 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. IMG_20200810_121904.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information