1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Or Ex Dealerships

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 8, 2020.

1. That tag bring back memories ?

2. No. Don't remember having tags but I guess we must of. I do remember having to have a necklace with your blood type on it!

Oh the irony! Never had a cut. For my latest road accident, I think that it was 12 pints!

I used to be a blood donor and I got about half of my donations back in one go!

3. The airfield circuits were safe..... Acres of run off......

4. Yes they were. Simply nothing to hit.

5. Memory loss in old age is terrible, was it Keevil or Colerne had a bend created with straw bales, which allowed you to go into the corner far far to hot knowing you could get between the bales if you cocked it up. If you did this once or twice to often the club would penalize you. :)
    I raced there between the mid to late eighties, finished second in one of their championships one year.
    p.s. didn't like Castle Combe far to bloody bumpy :worried:

6. It seems to be from a different world now. I had a Datsun 120Y and a trailor
    Bath University Tri Club (Bath Amphibians, I think) used to run duathlons at Castle Combe on Tuesday(?) evenings in the Summer. The race was running one lap around the outside and then cycle 5 laps on the race course.

The gig was that you must finish before sundown (started at 7 or 7:30) because they would stop the race. So that would be about 9pm.

The first couple of times that I did it, I was hopeless as I used to take the racing line on my pushbike. People would give me a strange look and just overtake me on the inside! I was a bit slow to get it and I started to get better when I just stuck to the inside like everybody else.

Great fun though!

Even had crashes on pushbikes although I never did. I do remember racing the sun though. I could see it setting and was determined to finish the race before it!

It was real mix with some very old boys who could hardly walk and some mega-fit lads. I think that Bath host lots of olympic athletes.

7. Could be Colerne..... Although they changed the circuit layout at Keevil after i stopped....

8. One thing I do remember...... Loads of practice sessions.... Just tell the guy on the rope damm... Forgot practice chit...... :D.... Or say I've changed a tyre.... They'd just let you on......

9. A great bunch of guys...... Good club

10. Just spoke to my mates who raced with NGMC as well, and one mentioned, but couldn't remember which of the circuits it was, everybody started on the one start line which stretched right across the circuit, just like a Weston Beach race start. I'd forgotten all about that :)

11. Keevil ...... I remember in the proddie race all looking across at each other... All the revving and noise then engines off.... Silence

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes, the silence, drowned out by the pounding of my heart waiting for the flag to drop.
    I loved bump starts :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information