1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Rider Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Old rider, Jul 7, 2019.

1. The painters did a great job :)
    Really pleased.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Now keep it clean. Stunning job. :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So unless your garden backs on to the lake/ river can I assume you have ridden it out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes, a brief wobble... ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Nice one OR!!! That looks really good...
    Must feel ace having her back together and looking sharp
    All ready for winter!!! Heres hoping for some sunny dry days ..

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Looks great, without this thread no one would ever know what had happened.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Beautiful 999, again :). That looks like a lovely paint job.
    Nice to see you're back on it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. OR, you must be chuffed, an inspiration for me. The 999 is a real grower and yours looks so good you should be proud. Mine will now have to take on the prime position in the garage until the 748 is back on the road. Although the earliest I can see riding it will be March, one day we can maybe plan on a meet up halfway.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Thanks Denzil, I am well chuffed at how it’s turned out and it’s largely down to forum members helping out with parts, as well as advice on sourcing parts.
    Great idea about meeting up when you and the 748 are fully restored and back in perfect working order - is West Bay within range for you??
    I hope your confidence fares better than mine, it’s taken a pretty severe knock. I found myself riding the bike very gingerly, deliberately at first in case there was a problem with the bike that I was unaware of but then, as I got more confident in the bike, I found I was still lacking confidence and felt a heightened sense of vulnerability. I don’t think I took it over 3-4000 rpm...
    Anybody else had this after an off?? Does it take long to go away??
    Maybe it’s an age thing...

10. You two will have to let us know where "half way" is & when you'll be there. I expect there will be a few who would like to come and see you both well & back on beautifully restored Ducatis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. I think many people get this. We aren't all dedicated racers with nerves of steel.

The way I have overcome this in the past is to make sure I rode for pleasure and not simply "to get my nerve back". Enjoy the ride, the scenery, they fact that the bike and you are both back together in one piece (each). Enjoy the trip and find something fun to journey to (and back from).

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Thanks Loz, sound advice and I’m really glad it’s not just me being a pussy.

13. Yes .I had 6 months ish off the bike due to broken ankle ( no biggy compared to you guys!) And although I couldn't wait to get back in the saddle I found the first few hundred miles ( week or so's riding) I was very ginger. Not scared as such but weary if that makes sense . Some of that weariness has stuck with me 3 years on but I don't think that a bad thing tbh..
    I think part of it is age. As a young chap I didn't learn alot from my mistakes or misfortunes!

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Hi
    Exactly that... Glad to see you both back on the road.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Isn't Glastonbury in the middle? A popular place for music I think... LOL

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. To add to what has been said already ,there could be a few of us who would like to join this meet up , West Bay sounds good .

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Hope you’re getting stronger x

We met an 83 year old on the Santander ferry on an old bmw GS that he’d done 80,000 miles one (it had a 30 litre fuel tank).

He’s broken his neck & his back twice (got hit by a barrier that was in the down position but not visible :eek:)

Bit slow in his pins but not on the bike !

Hope for us all !

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Wow, 80,000 miles on 30 litres - that’s incredible... lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Thanks Char, my strength is now pretty good, having been using the laccy bands given to me by the physio.
    The shoulder still gets stiff, probably due to adhesions between muscle fibres.
    Hopefully this will gradually go away with exercise

• Like Like x 1
  20. We'd be up for West Bay - mmm fish n chips

Do Not Sell My Personal Information