1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Rider Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Old rider, Jul 7, 2019.

1. These are made about one mile from my house ,often see them out and about road testing ,

• Like Like x 1
  2. 46F808C5-D7DF-4E45-BDC7-55708B8187D0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. It’s really difficult when someone that loves you and is on the face of it is doing something for all the right reasons, it’s probably best to keep the missus happy, it may smack a bit of being controlled but it’s a partnership and if one partner is really unhappy with the others actions it’s absolutely the right thing to take into account their feelings and fears.
    I was talking to Sam Lovegrove (off the tele) at the weekend and got onto the subject of his being knocked off his bike and deciding whether to ride again, his outlook was that although he’d be likely to live longer if he stopped riding his quality of life would be worse, but he’s obsessed with bikes, so it probably depends on how much your life revolves around motorcycling, in my case I too am obsessed with them so I’m pretty sure I’d carry on (although I’ve never had a serious injury so maybe it’s easier to say than do), you can rationalise either decision in lots of ways, but life’s a bit odd sometimes, i.e. a mate of mine died of lung cancer recently, 36 years old, never smoked, healthy lifestyle, got a cough, 10 weeks later, dead.
    Or you could say “I’ve had my warning, that’s it I’m packing up”, or maybe there’s a compromise, get a track bike and just do track days, anyway only you know the answer old rider, good luck making the right decision for you.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. How very true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Here we go...

upload_2019-11-1_15-10-15.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. Postpone selling until the spring, it's not a difficult thing to see that its a sensible thing to do.
    Dont mention riding it, perhaps with time 'er indoors might soften a little.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. And become unbearable to live with ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. When I had my biggie in 96 the surgeon said that if I rode a bike again and did something similar it would be almost impossible to fix it up as good again, my wife said if I buy a bike and go to hospital don’t call me.

I had a Honda Firestorm some 18 months later and still riding.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information