1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Rider Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Old rider, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Most importantly you are here to tell the tale and maybe post photos of a new bike??GWS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bad news - GWS !

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bugger. :( GWS.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Take it easy & don’t underestimate shock it doesn’t always appear straight away

Chill & worry about the bike when you're sorted x

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. GWS fella!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Wow - sorry to hear about that....hope your feeling better. Get the damage photos up for us all to go......

ooohhhh.....ahhhh.......(and then screw faces up)....

Ive started to use the back brake more on my zed since i got a new brembo fandabydozy caliper....the hyper has always had a good rear brake.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OR, GWS, hope we can assist in getting the bike sorted, but for now do what you can to ease your muscles and mind. You will probably feel it a bit more tomorrow, plenty of tea required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. aww, bollox.

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Get well soon mate, glad you walked away from it. I've always said when (not if) I off my bike and the frame/engine are good I will rebuild it as the insurance companies seem to write Ducatis off for having a scratch on them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Ahh bollox! Hope the shoulder isn't too sore. Don't worry about the bike, GWS :):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Bad news, GWS :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Feel better soon, OR.

Hope the scrapes buff out - you and the lovely T9.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Bad luck man. GWS.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Shite! Sorry to read about it, best wishes & GWS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Agree with the above comments. I had a low speed off on diesel on a country lane a few years ago and although the Monster had R&G crash protectors fitted, it slid into a curb and the bars twatted the tank.

Oh, well that's what insurance is for I thought and went to get a quote for repairs at Riders as advised by the insurance company. Because they're instructed to replace ANYTHING damaged with new, the quote came to nearly £1500, when the M600 was only worth slightly more on a good day and was likely to be written off.

Oh well, all the damage is cosmetic and having done a spray course a few years back, I was confident I could fix everything, but wanted to be certain that I could buy back the salvage. When I asked the insurance, I was told they couldn't discuss that until I made a formal claim and sent in the repair costs, but as soon as I did that, the bike would legally become their property if it was deemed a write-off, plus it would be flagged as such on the database as a matter of course!

In the end it cost me a couple of hundred quid and some time and effort and I got to keep a sentimentally important friend.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. All the best for a speedy recovery.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Aw crap :( Get well soon mate!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. All the best, get well soon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Bloody Nora oldie glad to hear your relatively ok
    Next few days will be painful mentally and physically
    Get your self healing

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. I can hear it now,when youre down the pub" Yeah,I was just backin it in to this corner...blah,blah"GWS.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information